Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.
By Muhammad
In His Name The Most High
There has been something that has been constantly going on in my mind and this is concerning the issue of the security at the Masjid and Mosque compound.
It is always announced at night to the gents that please do not stand around AK's but wait for family members around Waljis or Habib Bank, but I have noted a tendency that during the Evening Majalis the security partol together with the Security group people are constantly sitting and making a baraza right outside AK's.
Questions that arise:
1) Are they Mahram to the ladies?
2) Are the ladies comfortable with it or has anyone ever thought about it?
3) Cant it be arranged for women security individuals to be there instead?
4) What can be done?

There is one other thing that is very disturbing. Our respected Sisters and Our Brothers and Elders will wear Proper hijab Alhamdullilah infront of others but not around Africans for example their House employees or fruit vendors...

Issue is open for Discussion

Iltimasi Dua
Muhammad (Shabbir) Mohamedhussein
By abuali
(wasalam) brother

The concern you have are shared by others. I have heard of the same concerns from brothers and sisters alike.

It would be good to discuss the issue with a view to making our systems better.
(V)$ wrote:3) Cant it be arranged for women security individuals to be there instead?
Why not? Several security companies have female security guards
By Muhammad
so how do we take this matter forward?
By Moonbeam
There were female security guards from some security company, who were very comfortably sitting on chairs at the entrance watching the ladies streaming in, and either talking away with each other, or boredly looking out! So the point of them being there was...? They honestly could be utilised to divert the traffic since thats what apparently the security (male) volunteers were doing.
By Zaheer
if the men do everything for the ladies (i.e announce that guys should not stand at AK's) it wont get to any solutions, the women have their rights and if they really aren't comfortable with men standing outside AK's then they should sit and organize on how to solve this matter. We might have a change maybe not depending on how aggressive this matter is handled.

just a thought!
By Muhammad
In His Name The Most High
The Ladies do not have a seat in the Jamaat and hence they do not have a channel that goes directly into the Higher regions of our Jamaat.
Furthermore it is of duty of every Brother to protect our sisters in faith.
Oh and yes, I Love My mother and wife, that is Why it is obligatory on me to find a solution for this.
By abuali
I am quite sure ladies are not comfortable with male presence so close to their entrances. Perhaps not all the ladies but none the less. As brother zaheer said the LMC should voice this concern on behalf of the ladies to the jamaat.

Likewise brothers are not comfortable with the situation. Perhaps not all the brothers but none the less. So brothers need to take it up with the jamaat.

At the same time jamaat should explain why the current system is in place and discuss other possibilities.

During ashra majlises I noticed some bouncers were on duty right at the entrance of the ladies mosque!
By abuali
what do the brothers and sisters on this forum think about this issue? we have not yet had any ladies comment what they feel about the security arrangements.

Br. Muhammad, how do you propose the concerns expressed should be communicated to Jamaat?
By Muhammad
The best way i see forward is through Youth affairs and directly to the jamaat as it would be very difficult in approaching the "Task force" themselves.
By abuali
(V)$ wrote:The best way i see forward is through Youth affairs and directly to the jamaat as it would be very difficult in approaching the "Task force" themselves.
I think the idea of requesting the youth affairs to take the issue forward is an excellent idea. Being active with youth affairs I feel you will be the best person to approach them.

We can propose that female security be requested from the security company. The khoja security team can be based nearby, say gents imambargah compound, just a call away in case of emergencies
By Muhammad
Alhamdullilah I talked to Shaneabbas ( the chairman of Youth Affairs) and he has promised me to get results within 2 months, and if not then i should catch his neck after that..:)
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline