Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
A forum for the planning and execution of the first ever Shia Ithna Asheri Art Exhibition in Tanzania
By kulsham
Painting
Sketching
Digital Art
Hand Craft (Candle Making, Jewel Making, Sculpture Etc)
Photography
By Mahjabeen
Salaams,
Let me know if we need to add anything.
Thnks..
Mahjabeen

Art Exhibition policies and guidelines:

 Application fee of T.Shs 1000/- to be paid upon submitting the form.
 Submitted artwork does not automatically qualify for the Art exhibition. The exhibition Committee will decide the specific pieces to be exhibited, the duration of the exhibit and exhibit location.
 Artworks will be judged based on quality and exclusivity. The Judges’/Committee’s decision is final.
 Our Art Gallery will maintain a ‘no nudes’ policy. Artworks that incline towards this category or project any sort of violence/obscenity will not be accepted/will be disqualified.
 Artists may sell their work at the exhibition however those works not for sale should be clearly designated NFS (not for sale). Only those works selected by the Exhibition Committee may be sold.
 Artists are responsible for delivering works to be exhibited to the exhibit coordinator. The date and time will be established by the committee. (do we need this?)
 Permission to photograph and reproduce any work accepted in the exhibition for publicity purposes is considered granted unless otherwise stated in writing. (and this?)

 Artwork will be judged in the following categories:
i. Paintings & Sketches
ii. Digital Art & Photography
iii. Crafts
Application criteria have been clearly outlined for each category below.

 Paintings & Sketches:
Each artist is required to submit three (3) pieces of art under the preferred category. (where r they supposed to bring it?)
Larger pieces will be viewed by the committee at a prearranged date and venue.

 Digital art & Photography:
Each artist is required to submit three (3) pieces of art under the preferred category. Digital art should not exceed an A3-size. Photographs should be in a 5×7 format.

 Crafts:
Crafts will be viewed on the spot on a specified day, place and time. Artists will be required to bring their work to be reviewed and returned on the same day.
By kulsham
Please let me know asap what it is going to be and how it is going to be so that i start making the forms.
By kulsham
Mahjabeen wrote:Salaams,
Let me know if we need to add anything.
Thnks..
Mahjabeen

Art Exhibition policies and guidelines:

 Application fee of T.Shs 1000/- to be paid upon submitting the form.
 Submitted artwork does not automatically qualify for the Art exhibition. The exhibition Committee will decide the specific pieces to be exhibited, the duration of the exhibit and exhibit location.
 Artworks will be judged based on quality and exclusivity. The Judges’/Committee’s decision is final.
 Our Art Gallery will maintain a ‘no nudes’ policy. Artworks that incline towards this category or project any sort of violence/obscenity will not be accepted/will be disqualified.
 Artists may sell their work at the exhibition however those works not for sale should be clearly designated NFS (not for sale). Only those works selected by the Exhibition Committee may be sold.
 Artists are responsible for delivering works to be exhibited to the exhibit coordinator. The date and time will be established by the committee. (do we need this?)
 Permission to photograph and reproduce any work accepted in the exhibition for publicity purposes is considered granted unless otherwise stated in writing. (and this?)

 Artwork will be judged in the following categories:
i. Paintings & Sketches
ii. Digital Art & Photography
iii. Crafts
Application criteria have been clearly outlined for each category below.

 Paintings & Sketches:
Each artist is required to submit three (3) pieces of art under the preferred category. (where r they supposed to bring it?)
Larger pieces will be viewed by the committee at a prearranged date and venue.

Each artist is required to submit three (3) pieces of art under the preferred category. Digital art should not exceed an A3-size. Photographs should be in a 5×7 format.

 Crafts:
Crafts will be viewed on the spot on a specified day, place and time. Artists will be required to bring their work to be reviewed and returned on the same day.
Salaams... Sister Mahajbeen, can you start making layouts for the Registration Forms?

front page;
The header in the form.
Ask logo and art group Logo.
Details.
our contacts
SPonsors lists in the end.

In the back
Policies.
Signature of the participant agreeing with the policies?
By Zohras
Just a suggestion, why don't you give the participants a theme to work on. Else its going to look flimsy.
By kulsham
Zohras wrote:Just a suggestion, why don't you give the participants a theme to work on. Else its going to look flimsy.
You think it is possible this time? since the time is too short... We will definately make a Theme next time InshA ....
By kulsham
Sister Mahjabeen since we are going to make Brochures about artists , in the registration for form we will need a section where the artist will put an introduction or atlease something about them... Please enlighten more on this.... as i dont want artists to walk around the hall for whole day and explain every visitor , its taking alot of space , they will get so much tired, and they will kill themselves with boredom...
By Mahjabeen
yup sure...am looking up the websites for sample forms insh by tonite or tomm will put them up here....
By Zohras
Im still not clear about this. Is it a contest or an exhibition? If its something where an artist is going to get a prize then you can put a theme! But if it's an exhibition then any!
By abuali
Mahjabeen: The form is good. The addition about 'A few lines about you/your art' as suggested by Shama is perfect.

I can email you the Ask letterhead.

We need to decide on Date and Time of submission deadline as well as venue so Mahjabeen can include them in the form.

At what sizes are photographs normally displayed?

We need to decide on this size so we can include the quality of photos that should be submitted. Some will be very low resolution ones and when enlarged will become pixelated.

We also need to mention the size the chosen photographs will be diplayed on and that the cost for getting them printed in that size must be borne by the artist.

I suggest that photos be submitted in matte finish paper.

Zohra; Its an exhibition with an incentive (so as to grab the attention of amateurs who would otherwise shy away)
By Mahjabeen
modified exhibiiton policy:

Each artist is required to submit three (3) pieces of art under the preferred category. Digital art should not exceed an A3-size. Photographs should be in a 5×7 format and should be submitted in a matte finish paper. Photographs that qualify for the exhibition will be displayed in size ______. The cost of printing it in required size will be borne by the artist. Quality of photos

 Crafts:

Deadline for submitting form:
All forms should be submitted latest by __ __ ’09. Forms will be collected at ___________ from ___ p.m to ___p.m

I, __________ ,have read the policies of the Art exhibition and hereby agree to abide by them at all times.

Are these the only changes tht need to be made?

We also need to quickly decide name of group so it can appear alongside the ASK logo in all the letters that we need to send out.... Abt brochures..is some one going to design tht for us...if its going to include pics of artwork from selected artists maybe we should have the deadline one or two weeks before actual exhibition, tht way we will have time to gather and print them. depends on how long it takes to make brochures..
By kulsham
Brother Hasin. Please Give the last look at the Forms, Fill the Blank/Red Space...
SIster Mahjabeen, once he is done with it email the the draft , the final touch so that i star printing them.

Brother Hasin.... I think, Once this part is done, close the Thread. Thanks.

Amaal Eve 17th - (night preceeding day 17th) A ver[…]

Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline