Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
(bismillah)
islamic quotes and explanation on importance of relationships
a 4 min good and productive read

In Islam, the importance of maintaining family relations is paramount. The Holy Quran says, "And be careful of [your duty to] God in whose name you demand [your rights] from one another, and [to] the ties of relationship; surely God is ever watchful over you!" (4:1)

The descendent and successor of Prophet Muhammad, Imam Jafar As-Sadiq was asked about this verse. He said "It means the family relationship. Surely God the most high has ordered it to be regarded and has magnified it. Do you not observe that He has mentioned it with Himself."

Maintaining the bonds of kinship is called silat ur-rahm in Arabic. The exact meaning of the word rahm is "womb." It is derived from the Arabic root word raheem which means "to have mercy on."

Two out of the 99 names for God in Islam are Ar-Rahmaan and Ar-Raheem, which are derived from the same root word.

There is a saying in which the Almighty, says: "I am the Lord! I am ar-Rahman [the Beneficent]! I created "rahm' [the womb, relationship] and derived its name from Mine. So, whoever observed it [i.e., observed kinship], I would observe him and whoever severed it, I would sever him."

And so the act of maintaining family ties is an obligation in the Islamic faith. This is having good relations with one's relatives, to love, respect and help them.

Safeguarding the relationship with relatives is so encouraged that relatives have been mentioned 23 times in the Holy Quran along with some valuable rulings relating to them. "And give to the kindred his due." (17: 26)

"And Worship God and join none with Him in worship, and do good to parents, kinsfolk." (4:36)

Again in this verse, parents and relatives are mentioned right after God mentions himself. Also, connecting with relatives despite negative behavior toward you is the Islamic philosophy of turning the other cheek.

The Holy Prophet said "Do not ever sever your relationship with a member of your family even if he severs his relationship with you."

Islam views that keeping relations with family members prolongs one's life and increases one's sustenance. The Holy Prophet said: "He who wishes that his sustenance be increased for him and his death day be delayed, then he should pay attention to his kinsfolk."

The opposite, severing family ties (qata-ur-rahm), is intolerable. Two places in the Quran, The Almighty cursed the one severing family ties without legitimate reasons that are acceptable in Islam.

Everyone has rights over each other, and the rights of family members with each other are acknowledged by the great-grandson of the Prophet, Imam Sajjad who is the fourth successor after him.

In his Treatise on Rights he says, "The rights of your womb relatives are many; they are connected to you in the measure of the connection of the womb relationship.

"The most incumbent upon you is the right of your mother, then the right of your father, then the right of your child, then the right of your brother, then the next nearest, then the next nearest -- the most worthy, then the next most worthy."

by maysam hussein
DID YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU WANT SUCESS IN YOUR LIFE
THAN WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO IS MAINTANING RELATIONSHIPS WITH FAMILY MEMBERS
QUITE EASY HUH BUT QUESTION...
1)HOW MANY PEOPLE PRACTICE KEEPING RELATIONS ...VERY FEW SUCH THAT
PEOPLE EVEN IGNORE PARENTS AS THEY ARE "TOO OLD" SO TO SAY
I HOPE THIS WILL DO YOU IN GOOD CONDITION THANKS
[KSIJDar]

https://cdn4.cdn-telegram.org/file/fz3zds1mmgBWlj[…]

[KSIJDar]

https://cdn4.cdn-telegram.org/file/qeS8LJdLtMN5nh[…]

[KSIJDar]