Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
A special forum created for the purpose of the Editorial Team of BIZ Magazine ( a production of Ask) to discuss, organize and work on the BIZ Magazine project. To apply for joining the team please contact Hasin
By manji2005
Thats 1/2 of an normal page (A4).
What abt the font?
By Muhammad Mahdi
That I can not answer. I think it may depend on the lenght of the article.
By manji2005
If thats the case than every article would hav its own font depending on its size - which is very much wat v dnt ant :wink:
By Muhammad Mahdi
it may depend on the length of the article.

Notice the use of the word may :lol:
By manji2005
If the font of every article may depend on its lenght then v might still b in a problem .. lol :lol:

jus kidin
By manji2005
thnx hasin

so thts A5 , verdana , 8
By Muhammad Mahdi
TAE KWAN DO

Taekwondo (also spelled Tae Kwon Do, Taekwon-Do, or Taegwondo) is the most popular of the Korean martial arts and is the Korean national sport. It is characterized by its fast, high and spinning kicks. It is a combination of combat technique, self-defense, sport, exercise, entertainment, and philosophy. It is also one of the world's most commonly practiced martial arts and an Olympic sporting event. In the year 2000 taekwondo made its debute as an official olympic sport. (Taken from a post in the “dojang-digest”)

The name Taekwondo is often translated as 'the way of hand and foot'.

• Tae = to strike or block with the foot or to kick, it also means 'jump'

• Kwon = Fist, to strike or block with hand

• Do = The way of or art.

Put this together and Taekwondo means: "The art of Kicking and Punching" or "The art of unarmed combat".

The public WTF (World Taekwondo Federation) and private ITF (International Taekwondo Federation), the two largest taekwondo organizations, operate and train in hundreds of nations and teach the martial art to millions of people each year.

Taekwondo has no age limits and is a very good sport for children. They learn fast reactions through games , learn to respect others and learn to know their abilities and disabilities.

Is Taekwondo dangerous?

Although Taekwondo is a full contact sport where it is allowed to kick to the head (throwing punches to the head are not allowed), it is not very dangerous to practise Taekwondo. During training, there is no need to actually win so contact is light. During competition, full protection is used to protect the competitors.

To avoid head injuries, a competitor is not allowed to participate in a competition for three months (this time-period seems to vary) if one was knocked out by a kick to the head. If the same incident happens again after these three months, you are not allowed to participate for half a year. Another knock out to the head after this half year period results in permanent exclusion of competitions.

Taekwondo is so-called semi-contact. It is not allowed to attack the head with full force. However, it is allowed to throw punches to the head, by using the so-called "killing-blow" - to stop just an inch before the target. To avoid injuries, gloves are used at sparring-competitors.

By Aliabbas Manji
Salaam Alaykum brothers and sisters in Islam. I thank the BIZ Team to give me this chance to write on my personal experience on Taekwon-Do Training.

Taekwon-Do is a powerful martial art training originated in Korea. For one to start training Taekwon-Do, he needs to be committed towards the art, because there are lots of various different challenges one must undergo.

My two years experience of Taekwon-Do has taught me a lot of things in life. I started training Taekwon-Do in the year 2006 at Shaaban Robert Secondary School. This is my 3rd year of training Taekwon-Do and it’s is an amazing journey of the way of life.

Before joining Taekwon-Do, I thought Taekwon-Do only was about various cool fighting skills and tactics, but I was to a certain extent correct. Self-Control, Courtesy, Anger Control were also part of the training and were also being tested for. You all must be asking yourselves how one could be tested for self-control and Anger control. Well… using the Belt ranking tests, the examiners (Senior Instructor – Sabum Massawe and Training Instructor – Boo-Sabum Maxmillian Kailangana) test the examined in tul (Patterns), Physical fitness by giving various exercises, and some kicks, but not only that, the instructors simultaneously also asks you questions that you are compelled to answer, so the examined gets very furious. With this belt ranking test one learns how to control and breakdown his anger.

During my journey, Taekwon-Do always helped my break the fear of fighting. Before I started training, I was very scared of fighting. After joining Taekwon-Do, I felt the difference because of fighting openly and going to confront face-to-face your opponent. In addition to fear, Taekwon-Do training also teaches you controlling your adrenaline rush in various scary situations by using breathing skills, because when ones fear overcomes himself, he will forget everything and would most likely lose the fight. So it is important that you should not let your fear overcome you.

As a conclusion, I would like to give you some few tips of when you are in a situation of fear and circumstances don’t allow you to escape the scene/situation. Always remember the following tips:

1. If you are standing very close to the person, move some few steps away from your opponent as to avoid him hitting you first. But make sure that your distance is enough for you to attack your opponent.
2. When you are tensed and in fear, breathe in and out slowly and silently to control your fear and adrenaline rise.
3. Look at your opponent at his/her pressure point so you can see his whole body and his body-movements, if he/she was to kick or punch with either of his legs or hands. Note his/her even tiniest move.
4. If there has not been any movement, and you are sure that he/she will attack first, then be prepared to move on your left or right side (but not behind – because it will reduce the distance between you and your opponent thus it will be difficult to attack him if you get a chance)
5. If he/she attacks first and you have moved on your LHS, then kick using your right leg and if you moved on your RHS, then kick using your left leg (Reason to gain more power as you twist your waist). Make sure that you move in front to get your opponent correctly at your specified target.
6. If you get your aim and your opponent is on the ground, then you should run for it because you don’t know if he also has some other people around him.

If you remember these tips, mostly all your fights would be successful but don’t misuse these tips, because these tips too would act against your plans and you would end up getting confused. Inshallah in the next issue, there will be lessons on how to overcome close-fights by playing with ones joints.
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline