Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Relationships are a complex and sensitive emotional, social, and religious area. This forum is open for you to post your problems. You can post in this forum as a Guest, without logging in, if you dont want others to know who you are. Or you can pm 'hasin' the administrator, with the problem. If need be, a relevant scholar will be contacted (without him being given any names) so that we can get correct guidance.
By Reyhana
As for guidance on Qur'an reading
Will share with you some experiences that I feel makes a difference;

* Make the child familiar with the Qur'an from the very early stages i.e pregnancy stage - feeding stage - toddler stage by making the sound of Qur'an reach him in whatever way you find convinient...even while the child is sleeping let the Qur'an reach his ears even in low tones.
This will create such a familiarity with the Qur'an that as he grows up it will be easy on his tongue..

* Make sure that the child sees his parents reciting the Qur'an on daily basis if possible, so that he knows its something important & bonds with it naturally.

* Engage the child in some form of Qur'anic activity according to his age & his preference eg coloring, story telling, connecting the dots etc followed by some recitation so it grasps his attention & does not become a chore to get over with.

* Answer any question the child's poses regarding the Qur'an according to his age, do not overburden him with things he wont understand.

* Extremely important to introduce Allah to your child as loving, kind, merciful, caring i.e in a positive light to create a strong bond of the child with His Creator.
This will result into a beautiful trusting relationship of the child with Allah that he will always want to connect to even as he grows up.
By Reyhana
Fatima88 wrote: 02 May 2021, 11:37 @Reyhana

Your replies were truly very helpful. I would like to ask tips to raise a son especially. I am expecting and everyday I fear that if I have a son, how much can I as a mother do in raising him up because he will go out more often etc.

Sis @Fatima
Am sharing the majaalis links on tarbiyah that are recently taking place in this month of Mahe Ramadhan by a very learned Maulana, Syed Asghar Kazmi .
Found them to be very practical & very helpful in guiding the parents in doing the correct tarbiyah of their children.
Kindly look into them.

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=5388
Global supply for Palestine

In Gaza, Palestinian children keenly appreciate th[…]

Hypocrisy of arabs towards gaza

Not only is she an huge influence, but a mother a […]

Recent news that has been circulating talks about […]

Wiladat of Lady Masuma e Qum

On this blessed day, we honor Bibi Masuma e Qum, w[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline