Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.
By Muhammad
In His name, The Most High.
One thing that has always bothered me is that the people who work inside mosque do not come and pray jamaat namaaz - especially the people who clean and are responsible for mosque environment and also the guards.
In sunni mosques, no matter what, the caretaker will always be in the first line of the jamaat.
Why this discrepancy?
By imz
Salaam,

The best way to tackle this issue from my perspective is to either by speaking to them about this kindly, may be they have their reasons or asking someone senior to do this, or by encouraging as many people to join the congregational prayers when we alhamdulillah perform them.

There is no point in talking about them behind their backs, that may lead to gossip and other unnecessary issues.

Lets practice, and encourage others to do the same - our responsibilities go as far as that. We are responsible for our own actions, and so are they.

jK
By Muhammad
Thanks imz.. But that was in no way gheebah :) I was just trying to think out loud and see if I am missing an angle which someone can show me.. But more than anything it pains me to see this situation.
Good suggestion.. Something to work on..
By Muhammad
the other thing i was wondering...does this happen in other places other than dar-es-salaam? for those who are outside dar, please fill us in..
By imz
Just like shaytan is everywhere where there is a believer, believers tend of fall prey to his games - me included except that when one has a staunch faith but shaytan is an open enemy of ours so he and his agents will try to persuade us to go against our beliefs. Therefore you find that the reason we are encouraged to invite other people to enjoin the good and forbid the evil is of such importance that can eradicate that disease. You will find in every part of the world, some people who do what you have pointed out - but as muslim brothers and sisters in Islam, we should encourage everyone around us, in this instance to perform good deeds (e.g. participation in congregational prayers).
By abuali
(bismillah)
(salam)

Perhaps the issue is partly what we require of those who are working at the masjid.

For example we require an askari (watchman) to be at the gate during salaah. We also require a cleaner to be at the washrooms during the peak salaah time.

Do they even have the option of praying jamaat based on what their employers (us) require of them?
By Muhammad
I agree that an askari is needed at the gate.. But sinetimes I see upto 4 askaris sitting outside at the gate. I am sure the person responsible for the cleaning can take a praying break.. The question is that are they restricted or is it their choice? I guess only they can answer that..
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline