Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.

What do you feel about the cameras installed in the ladies imambargah?

I dont see any problem with them even if men can use them to see the ladies
No votes
0%
As long as the media room team is reliable, they wont abuse the cameras. So no problem
27%
I am ok with one camera fixed on the mimbar accessible only by the ladies from the ladies side. Anything more is unacceptable
45%
Why have cameras in the ladies side at all. No cameras, no opportunity given to shaitan to encourage abuse
27%
By abuali
If there are rotating cameras in thr ladies side (like the ones in the gents side) which can be viewed by anyone in the media room by plugging in one plug, then the hijab of the women are at the mercy of anyone who has access to the media room.

It is a very serious matter. I hope we get a serious response.
By Reyhana
:shock: Is this really happening in our Imambargah? When I had raised question regarding the presence of this camera when I saw it for the first time after the renovation of the Imambargah,I was told that only ladies were allowed in the control room.

Now this seriously needs special attention and those in charge should be questioned until we get to know the truth as soon as possible and then firm action should be taken ensuring this never happens again at any cost !
By Muhammad
yes sister this indeed is really happening.. and it is a very serious issue.
there has been no response from the media room so far ( maybe due to the overload of muharram :confused: )
We need a response from them so that we can take find solutions but the situation right now is totally unacceptable ...
By Reyhana
:( When we ask questions regarding these sensitive issues we are regarded as ''aliens'',and we are made fun off/condemned/looked down upon e.t.c while its our full right as community members to ask questions and receive answers !

Alas isnt the same hijab being taken lightly, for the snatching of which our Aimmahs have shed tears of grief and sorrow???

Isnt the same Hijab being made fun of,for which our 4th Imam said that in the 'whole heart rending tragedy of karbala'' from the massacre of the six month innocent baby to the brutal murder of grandson of the Holy Prophet which has no parallel in history , the snatching of the veils was the most difficult part???
By Muhammad
I am sure we don't mind being called aliens as long as we are on the right track.
lets hope for the best and may we get all the support needed to make necessary changes.
By abuali
A brother sent me the current Media Room committee information:
media room team
Gents:

Br. Aqeel M. Khaki – Chairman
Br. Muzaffer H. Lalji – Vice Chairman

Br. Muhammad A. Shaban – Member
Br. Nazmul Jivraj - Member
Br. Naved Ali Dhala- Member
Br. Fadhil S. Alishaan – Member
Br. Mohamedabbas H. Karim – Member
Br. Mohamed Lalji - Member
Br. Assadali Akil Hirji - Assistant
Br. Irfan Jaffer Hirji - Assistant

Ladies:

Sis. Fatim S. Somji – Ladies Program In Charge
Sis. Nusrat Dhirani - Member
Sis. Sajida Z. Master – Member
Sis. Shahista S. Somji – Member
Sis. Sarah S. Somji – Member

Advisors, Support & Technical:

Br. Mohamedazim Karim – General Support
Br. Akil Hirji - General Support
Br. Sadiq Alishan – General Support

Br. Murtaza H. Lalji - Advisor (Ex-Officio)

Br. Mohsin Rattansi - Caretaker
If we know anyone from the above, lets approach them respectfully and politely ask them about this issue, with a view towards protecting the hijab and respect of the ladies.
By Insaan
just found some very disturbing comments from a friend about this issue.

one of my friends told me that last year he was told by a friend of one of the members of the media room team that when he is alone in the media room he zooms in to look at the ladies using the zoom and 'checks them out' :!:
By Muhammad
I can go talk to them but the earliest time possible for me will be the christmas holidays.. before that will not be possible due to my tight schedule... can anyone else go before that? If yes great. if no then does any body want to come with me during the christmas weekend?
By Muhammad
Oh yes and brother Hasins list of names of people concerned with the media room reminds me the person I had talked to and approached during ramadhan ( refer to my 1st post) it was Br. Aqeel Khakhi - the chairman of media room.
By abuali
(salam) everyone

The idea that cameras are placed in the ladies side and potentially can be abused can be scary for all of us (men and women).

I got a call from Br. Murtaza Lalji (the previous head of media room team). He called about this discussion and assured me that they are aware of the concerns that have been expressed by members here and potentially similar concerns from other members of the community.

He said that as per his opinion they are aware of the potential issues that cameras can pose from a sharia perspective and that they have ensured they are sharia-compliant.

He has invited members who want to visit and be shown how the media room and its cameras operate and what precautions they have implemented in order to comply with sharia.

He also informed me that the issue is being discussed at jamaat level so that a statement can be issued.

I would personally like to thank him for the call and for responding so positively to these important concerns.

So, if anyone would like to accompany me when I visit the media room, please pm me with your mobile number so that I can inform you as soon as a time and date is finalized.
[KSIJDar]

https://cdn4.cdn-telegram.org/file/fz3zds1mmgBWlj[…]

[KSIJDar]

https://cdn4.cdn-telegram.org/file/qeS8LJdLtMN5nh[…]

[KSIJDar]

https://cdn4.cdn-telegram.org/file/cR3y-_ybVN22YI[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline