Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.
By Esm'ail
Asalamalaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,
I found this book on the net dear brothers and sisters, its abt Adam and Eve. I was asking for ur help, to try finding out if its authentic and if it was written by a monotheist or a person of Roman or greek origin.
http://www.hiddenmysteries.com/freebook ... meve2.html

Chapter XIV

The earliest prophesy of the coming of Christ.
1 Then Adam said to God: "O Lord, take You my soul, and let me not see this gloom any more; or remove me to some place where there is no darkness."

2 But God the Lord said to Adam, "Indeed I say to you, this darkness will pass from you, every day I have determined for you, until the fulfillment of My covenant; when I will save you and bring you back again into the garden, into the house of light you long for, in which there is no darkness*. I will bring you to it -- in the kingdom of heaven."

3 Again said God to Adam, "All this misery that you have been made to take on yourself because of your transgression, will not free you from the hand of Satan, and will not save you.

4 But I will. When I shall come down from heaven, and shall become flesh of your descendants, and take on Myself the infirmity from which you suffer, then the darkness that covered you in this cave shall cover Me in the grave, when I am in the flesh of your descendants.

5 And I, who am without years, shall be subject to the reckoning of years, of times, of months, and of days, and I shall be reckoned as one of the sons of men, in order to save you."

6 And God ceased to commune with Adam.

* Reference: John 12:46
By abuali
Alaykum Salaam

Authentic does not necessarily relate to whether it was written by a monotheist or not.

The pillars of our faith will help us decide on whether the information presented is authentic or myth (or in case of lack of enough knowledge about the issue, a higher knowledgeable authority needs to be consulted)
By Fatimah Zahra Karim
Will check it out, inshallah, but it doesn't sound very monotheistic. I agree with Hasin that pillars of our faith, together with reason, will help us classify things as authentic or mth. It sounds like blasphemy, talking about the incarnation of God. God is indivisible. He cannot be broken up into parts. If it was the whole of Him becoming flesh, that would limit God. God is infinite. Who would watch over the rest of the world? A finite God, is no God, but the pretense of one. Jesus was a limited Human. A great human, I agree, but a human all the same. Did he not say "No one knows the hour, except the Father (ie God), not even the Son (himself) knows it". What kind of God wouldn't know something? God is supposed to be All-knowing. Did he not say "...for the Father is greater than I"? What kind of God is less than something? Allah(God) is supposed to be Akbar(greater than all things)

What is the reference John 12:46 for? Jesus claims I am the light that has come into the world so that everyone who believes in me will not live in the dark. Light represtents good, while darkness represents evil. He is simply saying that he is a guide to show by deeds what is good and what is evil. That was the purpose of all prohets (pbuh). But I dont understand its connection with the passage about Adam and Eve.
By Fatimah Zahra Karim
Well, I read part of the book. Now I get what the reference was there for. According to the book, Adam and Eve, when put on earth were afraid of night (the darkness) because they had never experienced it. BUt God reassured them saying "O Adam, I have made the day so that you and your descendants can work and toil in it. And I have made the night for them to rest in it from their work." The Quran says the same thing.
Do they not see that We have made the night for them to rest in and the day for seeing? There are certainly Signs in that for people who believe. (Surat an-Naml, 86)
and
Say: 'What do you think? If Allah made it permanent night for you till the Day of Rising, what god is there other than Allah to bring you light? Do you not then hear?' Say: 'What do you think? If Allah made it permanent day for you till the Day of Rising, what god is there other than Allah to bring you night to rest in? Do you not then see?' But part of His mercy is that He has made both night and day for you so that you can have your rest and seek His bounty, and so that hopefully you will be thankful. (Surat al-Qasas, 71-73)
Clearly the darkness talked about in the book is not the darkness that Jesus (as) mentions. This was night. The darkness Jesus meant was that of ignorance, and therefore, sin. He was sent by Allah (swt) as a light to guide and to remove the darkness of ignorance as were all other prophets (pbut).
DHUL QA' DAH SUNDAY SALAT

The month of Dhul-Qa`dah is the first of the Sacre[…]

"The 12 Shining Imams" Series In this p[…]

FREE PALESTINE

Cambridge University’s Trinity College has m[…]

$1 billion in ammunition to Israel

According to two members of Congress, the administ[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline