Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.
By Esm'ail
Asalamalaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.
I was asking, is it mentioned in any ahadiths of the Prophet, that if a person dies with anger or he/she is killed, his/her soul remains on earth tormenting/haunting other people and houses?
If not, how can u explain these weird phenomenons witnessed by people?
And where does the soul go after death?
By Fatimah Zahra Karim
Wa alaykum salaam

The souls move to another dimension of existence, a spiritual dimension. In hadith it is known as barzak. The souls are punished or rewarded according to what they used to be like in this world. 'Journey to the unseen world' is an excellent book to explain where souls go, and what happens to them.

As for those weird phenomena, they are (I think) jinn. probably prankster/evil jinns who like to sumbua people. :twisted:
By Esm'ail
Asalamalykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.
Thanks a lot for explaining that to me my sister. :D
But believe me, I used to think that too. But there some phenomenas I heard and watched on the discovery channel which prove otherwise.
There is one fact, that in every mansion/house which is believed to be haunted, it is either haunted by two things:-
The Jinns
The spirits of people who used to live there.
This one phenomena I watched in the discovery. It was about a pub, it was haunted by two entities(spirits). But the two spirits, where spirits of people who used to live there a century ago.
One spirit was of a girl and another of a guy(adult). The girl spirit was being tortured by the guy spirit. U know sometimes I think people forge these stuff. A person like me with religous knowledge find it hard to believe, sometimes I think if its true it must be the cunning Jinns(Ifrit) which take the shape of the humans who used to live there, ALLAH(swt) knows best.
So, the girl spirit never used to scare people but rather it used to seek for help from people from that evil guy spirit, which doesn't want to let her rest in peace.
In the end they brought a psychic(ndio walewale wanaotumia majini sijui). These psychics they usually have the ability to have perminisions, see spirits, see the past and stuff like those. So they brought two of them to check the haunted pub. But it ended those two being of great help.
One of the psychics said that, she actually went back to the past and saw the girl in her room( which at that time it was the washroom) and the girl was asking her for help.
And she also saw the way the evil guy was killing and torturing women. And the evil guy was responsible for the guys death. And the evil guy, as if it wasn't enough used to torture women and kill them. The evil guy killed the girl, because she witnessed the guy killing a woman. Stuff like those.
Another thing the psychic said is that, she knew the names of the spirits the moment she saw them. :!:
Please try explaining, if any of these phenomenas was mentioned by the Prophet(SAW) as trickery of the jinns. :)
By Fatimah Zahra Karim
I don't know what was causin the phenomenon you mentioned; all I know is that according to hadith, the souls do not remain in this world after death. I'm assuming that since the jinn can see us even though we cant see them and since they can do lots of things we can't, maybe they can read our minds and show us what we're scared of. Whatever the case, I dont think it makews much of a difference in matters of faith in Allah (swt), because He is the most Powerful who has power over all things. Nothing can affect you if you believe in Him.
By Esm'ail
Asalamalaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.
Yeah, you are right. Thanx again for helping me out Fatimahzahra Karim. :)
Although somethings are really weird.
But in the end ALLAH(swt) is the all-knower and almighty.

Sheikh Murtudha Alidina explains about laylatul Qa[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 18

*Dua for Day 18 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Short Tafsir on Maudhatain surahs - Suratul Fil an[…]

Short talk on Imam Hasan (a.s.) on the occasion of[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline