Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.
By qarrar
Umme Salma narrates: “In the life of Prophet Muhammed (Pbuh), no injury or thorn piercing was treated on which Henna was not applied.” (Tirmizi, Sanad-e-Ahmed)
By Muhammad
wow..this gives life to this forum...
By Muhammad Mahdi
qarrar wrote:Umme Salma narrates: “In the life of Prophet Muhammed (Pbuh), no injury or thorn piercing was treated on which Henna was not applied.” (Tirmizi, Sanad-e-Ahmed)
The references are from sunni books which are not veru authentic.
By qarrar
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:The references are from sunni books which are not veru authentic.
I wondered when you would ask that question. There isn’t a Shia hadith on every aspect of life and ulema tend to use Sunni Hadiths unless their authenticity is questionable and that is done by tracing the hadith line back to the Prophet.

Now for example this hadith (below) which us Shia predominantly use is quoted from a Sunni text.

"I am leaving you two weighty things, if you follow them you will never go astray, they are the Qur'an and my Ahlul'bayt".
Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v5, page 662-663

So if you are questioning the particular hadith above then I am sure you have concrete evidence as why we should disregard its authenticity and I am sure that it is not based on the mere assumption that it is so because it’s Sunni.
By Muhammad Mahdi
Normally ulama are the ones who find out wether a tradition is authentic or not. Do you have any ulama's word for the mendi one?
By qarrar
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:Do you have any ulama's word for the mendi one?
I quoted Umme Salma’s narration as stated in Sahih al-Tirmidhi, now if you have an Ulema’s fatwa or letter stating that, the above quoted hadith has been fabricated than there is reason not believe in it. It doesn’t work the other way round.
By Muhammad Mahdi
Like I said many of the traditions found in Tirmizi are fabricated.

We need an ulama's word before accepting it as being the truth.
By qarrar
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:...many of the traditions found in Tirmizi are fabricated
For example... :?:
By shaziya
well as per me .. mendi smells great :!:

kulsham:
Dark black, Big Shades. (for guys)
bad idea asthis wud give the guys a better chance to look without us noticing :lol:

apart from the smell .. i also apply and apply for people as i like drawing

another reason can be campared to various other hobbies we practice like collect stamps, cards, tins .. etc we dont have to have a reason to collect it but we still do it as a hobby (obviously not the above as all have different hobbies) therefore for some people applyin mendi is a hobby ... 8)

well .. enough reasons from me.

dafiz

Short tafsir on Suratul Buruj - part 2

The Destruction of Baqee. This cemetery contains t[…]

NAHJAL BALAGHA

The Lowliness Of The World In Allah’s Eyes […]

Eid Mubarak!

اللَّهُ اكْبَرُ ٱللَّهُ اكْبَرُ allahu akbar allah[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline