Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.
By abuali
Salaams

I have heard several times of a dua commonly known as 'alal badri' that is recited when something is stolen...and then it effects the thief who suffers so that everyone knows who had stolen it..

Does anyone have more info about the dua? Is it valid? And if its valid, does anyone have the dua?
By Sayyeda
Salaam alaikum

I've heard of Al Badri... My aunt's maid stole her gold necklace and my aunt got al badri recited by a ma'lim on a piece of bread and everyone was asked to take a bite... and the maid got choked when she took a bite... (She couldnt swallow it) and she finally agreed that she'd stolen it and asked for forgiveness and returned the necklace back to my aunt...

why do u want to know abt this dua? got smth robbed? :(

Anyway, I dont know who recites it though... but I know that if you recite Ayatul Kursi... esp at night before sleeping... ull 'neva' have thieves rob ur house...

Trust me... I recite it 'every' single night... :P
By Zaheer
well ayatul kursi i recite it as well b4 sleepin and 4 qul suras!
By Zaheer
yes its allowed on my side i donno other ppls views!!

the dua itself u can contact any maalim... :roll: :roll:
By Muhammad Mahdi
yes its allowed on my side i donno other ppls views!!
I guess Hasin wants to know whether it is allowed according to the sharia
By Zaheer
well its allowed according 2 sheria 2.... for more info we have SHAYKH ALIDINA
By murtaza
allowed in shariah ??? I DOUBT.
based on what authority you are allowing it, ???
Do we know what actually it is ?
If at all its Dua ,what does it contain??

we better be careful when talking /posting matters ,esp about religion , otherwise we may be responsible for misguidance,
By Fatimah Zahra Karim
dunno much abt it...wot i DO kno is tht u ask everyone (especially the person who you think is the thief) if u can recite the dua. if the person denies being the thief, s/he wont mind. if the person minds, you already have psychological proof that there's your thief. if it's ok, then the dua is recited. the dua asks Allah by the intercession of the muslims in the battle of Badr (which is why it is known as al-Badri). there is a total of 313 names to be mentioned. after that you ask God to curse the thief, whoever it is. this is just what i have heard. dunno if its 100% correct. most sunni sheikhs know the dua, but i dont know if it is allowed according to shariah. i guess it would be best to ask Dr. Alidina and let all of us kno what exactly it is, how it works, and if its allowed.
By jawad
Al Badri, is a dua, which uses the wasilah of the Martyrs of the Battle of Badr (hence it name) it has some conditions before it can be recited such as fasting a given number of days etc.

It is recited not to punish a given person. (this would be taking justice into your own hands, which I do not believe is correct) But it is essentially recited to punish the real culprit. (such as thieves etc who we cannot surely point a finger on).

Have heard of reports of it being very effective, one account of coconuts stolen from an arabs farm, the donkey who carried the coconuts became very very thin, the iron rod or panga used also broke. Another account a thief stole tubelights from a mosque, became crazy....

The Destruction of Baqee. This cemetery contains t[…]

NAHJAL BALAGHA

The Lowliness Of The World In Allah’s Eyes […]

Eid Mubarak!

اللَّهُ اكْبَرُ ٱللَّهُ اكْبَرُ allahu akbar allah[…]

Eid Mubarak!

"Eid Mubarak to all! After 30 days of fasting[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline