Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Anything and everything about the greatest miracle, The Holy Qur'an.
By Guest

May the Mercy and Blessings of Allah, be upon all His righteous servants

I write unto you as a person who has found Islam, but does not yet consider himself Muslim. A person whom is now striving his utmost to humble and purify himself, so that he may find favour in the eyes of his Lord, Glorified is He above all that they associate in partner with Him.

Destiny has dictated that the I address you from a position of oppression & poverty (in its UK form), and the hence the compassion & motivation behind this correspondence, is focused primarily on relieving the suffering of those whom find themselves in a similar situation, & indeed those unfortunate enough to be in a worse position, I pray that Allah, Most Merciful will ease your suffering.

Narrated Anas bin Malik {RA}: Allah’s Messenger {SAW} said, “Help your brother whether he is an oppressor, or he is the oppressed one.” People asked, “O Allah’s Messenger! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is the oppressor?” The Prophet {SAW} said, “By preventing him from oppressing others.” [Sahih Al-Bukari: Vol. 3: 624]

As the above Hadith (of the Prophet Muhammad {SAW}) illustrates, my motivation also incorporates helping Islamic society as a whole, for if there is to be harmony in the community, the leaders must free themselves of depravity. May Allah, Most Gracious help us all in attaining purity.

_______

In my time at this forum I have quoted passages from the Holy Qur’an, my source of which is interpreted by Dr Muhammad Muhsin Khan & Dr Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din Al-Hilali (May Allah guide them on the straight path). I, as a person seeking honesty, wish to humbly share an observation I made concerning the interpretation (please forgive any misunderstandings that may arise as a result of the Arabic-English translation [follow the link to observe other translations {http://www.parexcellence.co.za/islam/quraan.asp}, May Allah find favour with the creators of this website)

And he said to the one whom he knew to be saved: “Mention me to your lord”(ie your king, so as to get me out of prison), But Shaitan made him forget to mention it to his lord [or Shaitan made {Yusuf (Joseph)} to forget the remembrance of His Lord (Allah) so as to ask for His Help, instead of others]. So [Yusuf (Joseph] stayed in prison a few (more) years.
[Holy Qur’an: Surah 12; Verse 42]

I quoted the above Verse as I wished to clarify & explain how I perceive the intention behind the additional sentence in brackets - “[or Shaitan made {Yusuf (Joseph)} to forget the remembrance of His Lord (Allah) so as to ask for His Help, instead of others].”

Initially we are able to observe that Yusuf {AS} acted in the correct manner when asking, ‘the one whom he knew to be saved’, to “Mention me to your lord” (ie king/tyrant), as a few Verses later we see that the man whom had forgot – remembered Yusuf’s {AS} request (& the wisdom Allah {SWT} allocated to him {ie the ability to interpret dreams}), ‘Then the man who was released (one of the two who were in prison), now at length remembered…’ [Holy Qur’an: Surah 12; Verse 45].

The good Dr’s seem to have interpreted the meaning to be more akin to a version where, the released prisoner would have remembered the fact that Yusuf {AS} was able to interpret dreams anyway (ie when the issue came to light [Holy Qur’an: Surah 12; Verse 43], hence Yusuf [AS} had no need to ask his fellow prisoner for ‘help’ (ie “Mention me to your lord”)?

The reason I do not agree with this version will be explained as this correspondence progresses…..

We may also observe how the good Dr’s have interpreted the prisoner’s ‘forgetfulness’. Their interpretation of the Qur’an states, ‘But the Shaitan made him to forget to mention it to his lord’. A sentence which indicates the forgetfulness (ie made him forget) was the prisoners fault (& not Yusuf’ {AS} ie “[or Shaitan made {Yusuf (Joseph)} to forget the remembrance of His Lord (Allah)…..])”.

I sincerely hope the good Dr’s review their position of questioning the Faith of a Prophet (in this case Yusuf {AS}), for faith is as strong as Allah {SWT} has allowed it to be, at any one moment in time…

A person may learn of something (in the future) that further strengthens their perception of what it means to submit to Allah {SWT}. That does not mean faith was lacking yesterday/today, rather, that person now posses wisdom/knowledge that has increased their perception (of what true worship is). And hence ‘Faith’ is more akin to – an initial belief, followed by a determined & ongoing will to improve & purify oneself (in all aspects of life).

With regards to the reason(s) for Yusuf {AS} been kept in prison for a few years….. Allah {SWT} may have wished to bestow a greater degree of piety upon Yusuf {AS}, or He may have wished to further increase the bad deeds of those whom had turned away form Him! And Allah Knows Best!

_______

I arrive at an overall conclusion as to why the good Dr’s chose to include the additional interpretation – “[or Shaitan made {Yusuf (Joseph)} to forget the remembrance of His Lord (Allah) so as to ask for His Help, instead of others]”…..

The sentence in question was (in part) created as a result of the Dr’s social status/class. In order to further clarify what I mean by this, I wish to use the example of a miser (not that I am accusing the Dr’s of been so, as the example can be applied to other areas [a person’s spiritual assets been one of those, in which I have been guilty of oppression, and Allah Knows Best! My Lord, please cleanse me of such hypocrisy]):

A miser is in the position of having copious amounts of wealth (& worldly power), misers wish to maintain (& increase) that position (which is often at the expense of the poor). It is this greed & miserliness (whether sub-conscious or not) that leads to the phenomena I call – a haughty attitude. A person who posses such an attitude looks down on, & sees as inferior, those whom are not as fortunate as they (in a worldly capacity), which in turn leads to the oppression of those who are poor.

Or do those in whose hearts is a disease (of hypocrisy), think that Allah will not bring to light all their hidden ill-wills?

[Holy Qur’an: Surah 47; Verse 29]

A miser hates to part with his (worldly) possessions, hence what better way to maintain his position that to say (to the poor), ‘I am not responsible for your poverty, it is your lack of faith that has led you to such a position!’ If people blessed with spiritual assets were to take this approach, the world would be a very ignorant place. Which illustrates why people have a duty to share that with which they have been adorned (with).

Wealth and children are the adornment of the life of this world. But good righteous deeds that last, are better with your Lord for rewards and better in respect of hope.

[Holy Qur’an: Surah 18; Verse 46]

By no means shall you attain Al-Birr (Piety, righteousness – here it means in Allah’s reward, ie Paradise), unless you spend (in Allah’s cause) of that which you love; and whatever of good you spend, Allah knows it well.
[Holy Qur’an: Surah 3; Verse 92]

Despite the fact I disagree with the way the good Dr’s have interpreted the section of the Qur’an I referred to previously, I do not intend to imply that it is incorrect for a person to place his/her faith in Allah {SWT} alone, as this is compulsory! Rather the point I seek to convey is that Islam is greater than - solitary worship, indeed it is a duty imposed upon the Muslim community to be charitable & supportive of fellow Muslim’s.

Behold! You are those who are called to spend in the Cause of Allah, yet among you are some who are niggardly. And whoever is niggardly, it is only at the expense of his own self. But Allah is rich (Free of all needs), He will exchange you for some other people and they will not be your likes.
[Holy Qur’an: Surah 47; Verse 38]

In the second Verse quoted above, we can see that there is a reference to the fact that Allah {SWT} is the Only One – Free From All Needs. It is mankind who is poor and in need of help, companionship & support form Allah {SWT}, & his/her fellow brothers & sisters in religion. The final Verse is also of relevance, as even though I (as a revert) am still in a position of adapting to Islamic Law, the Verse awakens a fear within me, for I am scared of been amongst those who will be exchanged!

_______

In order to achieve a degree of balance within this correspondence, I would like to call on the attention of those poor & oppressed people whom may be reading. The below Hadith mentions the weaning process that takes place when the worldly luxuries (in whatever form they exist) are taken from us:

Narrated Abu Huraira {RA}: The Prophet {SAW} said, “You people will be keen to have the authority of ruling which will be a thing of regret for you on the Day of Resurrection. What an excellent wet nurse it, yet what a bad weaning one it is!” * [Sahih Al-Bukari: Vol. 9:262]

* The authority of ruling is like a wet nurse for the ruler, because it provides him with all sorts of pleasure, but as soon as he is dismissed or dies, he is weaned, ie deprived from all such pleasures and is taken to account.

The wise face this weaning process while they are still alive, & hence have the chance to redeem them-selves (Allah willing, I will be amongst the wise). Once a person has ‘passed away’ there is no longer the opportunity for (personal) repentance, however a person’s actions are still ‘taken to account’. Hence the poor & oppressed (as the oppressors) have a duty (if they wish to attain Paradise), to wean them-selves off bad habits while they are still able (to redeem).

This includes (bad) habits that the oppressed may have ‘picked up’ due to a lack of the basic necessities needed to live a healthy balanced life. Habits which may include things such as idly watching TV & listening to music. Actions that may seem innocent enough, however in reality not only do these (non-Islamic) actions lead to a decline in the harmony of the family (& hence community), but a person is also allowing the sub-conscious mind to be subtly manipulated by impure messages & propaganda. May Allah, Most Gracious guide us away form such idle pastimes.

At this point I feel it necessary to convey glad tidings upon those people not even fortunate enough to have the sustenance to posses such goods as TV’s & Hi-fi stereos, as even though you may currently struggle in (extreme) poverty, these items are a tool of oppression & will only decrease your worship (of the Almighty). May Allah Most Merciful Increase you in Faith.

_______

I strive with my life and possessions in the firm belief that Islam will succeed, the below Ahadith (in part) narrate that state I & all Muslim’s should be striving to achieve…..

Narrated Abu Huraira {RA}: The Prophet {SAW} said, “The Hour (Day of Judgement) will not be established till your wealth increases so much that one will be worried, for no one will accept his Zakat and the person whom he will give it to will reply, ‘I am not in need of it’” [Sahih Al-Bukari: Vol. 2: 493]

Narrated ‘Adi bin Hatim {RA}: While I was sitting with Allah’s Messenger {SAW} two persons came to him; one of them complained about his poverty and the other complained about the prevalence of robberies. Allah’s Messenger {SAW} said, “As regards stealing and robberies, there will come a time when a caravan will go to Mecca (from Medina) without any guard. And regarding poverty, The Hour (Day of Judgement) will not be established till one of you wanders about with his object of charity and will not find anyone to accept it…” [Sahih Al-Bukari: Vol. 2: 494]

If the community is to succeed, Islam must take prevalence over – race, class, nationality, individuality!

To attain a state where the whole of society is content with life, is to free the community of stealing and robberies! However that contentment will only come about as a result of the community’s ongoing & adherent practice (of Islamic Law). A state which will be fulfilled by addressing the need of those whom have gone astray, as a result of their poverty & their lack of the basic necessities essential in achieving harmony within Islamic Law.

For this state to exist there is an urgent need to release the compassion Allah {SWT} has bestowed upon each one of us, the need to be able to forgive, as Allah, Most Merciful has been Forgiving us, since the day we first ate from the forbidden tree, and then genuinely repented! If I am willing to forgive those whom have oppressed people (& now wish to honestly repent), I am even more willing to forgive those whom have strayed, as a consequence of been the victims of oppression (& now wish to honestly repent)!!!!!

_______

Humility!

I do not confess to been perfect, nor do I profess to encompass all knowledge. I do however perceive a place to start amending the inadequacies that have emerged within every society upon the planet…..

As-Sadaqat are only for the Fuqara (poor), and Al-Masakin (the poor) and those employed to collect (the funds); and to attract the hearts of those who have been inclined (towards Islam) ; and to free the captives; and for those in debt; and for Allah’s cause (ie Mujahidun – those fighting in a Holy battle), and for the wayfarer (a traveller who is cut off from everything); a duty imposed by Allah. And Allah is All-Knower, All-Wise.
[Holy Qur’an: Surah 9; verse 60]

I initially approached you professing to have evidence of the Kursi, yet you completely ignored me making me feel unworthy.
I then approached you desperately in need of your practical help; yet again you denied me save your interpretation of help.
I now wish to communicate with you about relieving poverty! For I hope you are able to offer an alternative to capitalist depravity?

My Lord, Most High, All-Knowing, The Wise,
Please allow me to humbly submit before Your decree is Finalised

By Guest

I simply share these lessons I learning while in this cave

I am not above these lessons for my learning advances on like the day

Compassionate Spirit – overcomes – worldly greed

Narrated Ibn Abbas {RA}: I heard The Prophet {SAW} saying, “If the son of Adam (human being) had two valley of money, he would wish for a third, for nothing can fill the belly of Adam’s son except dust (*), and Allah forgives him who (repents to Him) – begs for His Pardon.” [Sahih Al-Bukhari: Vol. 8: 444]

* The expression is a metonymy meaning, man continues to love wealth till he dies, for then he will no longer think of collecting wealth.

If I may I would like to discuss, why I disagree with the additional commentary, included to supplement the above…..

For I perceive that the Supreme – Almighty, created His creation in order that we must seek His True and Eternal Sanctity. It is in this light I say when discussing the ‘moderate way’, you cannot pick and choose only the areas of moderation you choose to use! Please justify for me how moderate can exist, when homeless stand next to millionaires in their false bliss? Do you blame me for hurting, looking at the events I am observing?

How is it that intellect can send rockets up into the heavens, while community cries out for Love to alleviate their poverty – depression?!
The above Hadith clearly states – “and Allah forgives him (who repents to Him) – begs for His pardon”, indicating that a person whom holds the opinion that worldly wealth is the source of contentment (and greedily grasps at it as illustrated in the Hadith), is in err, and hence asked to ‘beg for His pardon’ (Forgiveness).

Narrated Abdullah {RA}: The Prophet {SAW} said, “Who among you considers the wealth of his heirs dearer to him than his own wealth?” They replied, “O Allah’s Messenger! There is no among us but loves his own wealth more.” The Prophet {SAW} said, “So his wealth is whatever he spends (in Allah’s cause) during his life (on good deeds), while the wealth of his heirs is whatever he leaves after his death.” (*) [Sahih Al-Bukhari: Vol. 8: 449]

* What one spends during one’s life for Allah’s sake is what one really owns, because one will get permanent reward for that in the Hereafter.

In the above Hadith man is acceptant of the fact that, his own wealth (ie good deeds) is dearer to him than that of his heirs (his worldly possessions, that which he leaves behind), hence if a person comprehends the Hadith, they may realise the hoarding of worldly wealth is indeed a bad habit. So when will we realise that ‘real wealth’, is the purification of our spiritual health? When did the pursuit of worldly commodities - possessions, gain precedence over good deeds – true intentions?

Which makes me wonder why there are people in desperate need, in the midst of millionaires lost in their greed?

Surah 18, Al-Kahf (The Cave)

45: And put forward to them the example of the life of this world: it is like water (rain) which We send down form the sky, and the vegetation of the earth mingles with it, and becomes fresh and green. But (later) it becomes dry and broken pieces, which the winds scatter. And Allah is able to do everything.

46: Wealth and children are the adornment of the life of this world, but the good righteous deeds that last, are better with your Lord for rewards and better in respect of hope.

47: And (remember) the day We shall cause the mountains to pass away (like clouds of dust), and you will see the earth as a levelled plain, and We shall gather them all together so as to leave not one of them behind.

Narrated Hakim bin Hizam {RA}: I asked The Prophet {SAW} (for some money) and he gave me, and then again I asked and he gave me, and then again I asked him and he gave me and then said, “This wealth is (like) green and sweet (fruit), and whoever takes it without greed, Allah will bless it for him, but whoever takes it with greed, Allah will not bless it for him, and he will be like the one who eats but is never satisfied. And the upper hand is better than the lower (taking) hand.” [Sahih Al-Bukhari: Vol. 8: 448]

Prophet Muhammad {SAW} clearly understood how important his compassion and generosity were in helping and guiding people to the Straight Path. An example I seek in the leaders I see, for are they not the guardians of knowledge?

I have attended five Masjid’s here in Leeds, three of those for a period of between five & seven months. In that time I have not once been asked if I was in need of any (practical) help, for sure people have been very keen to indoctrinate me with their version of Islam…..

My problem with this is that I feel as though it’s not good enough to be me, I am expected to make it in somebody else’s reality. Islamic scholars are educated, but not from a background like me, the community still separated, how do academics let this be? So if it’s not good enough to be me, and if you don’t like that I learn from the Almighty, I can quietly leave you be, for I have confidence my own perception will advance me.

I also perceive and feel how the poor - resent how the rich preach down to them in scorn, while the rich pompously live their lives – a worldly self-bliss forever screening their eyes. May be if they’d have had to slave away each day, they may also have the urge to say – ‘Take your message away!’ For surely the rich are negligently gay, of the suffering the poor have had to endure each day! For the poor that should not be an excuse, to stop them from trying to loosen the devils noose.

Narrated Abdullah bin Mus’ad {RA}: Allah’s Messenger {SAW} said. “Whosoever has pride in his heart equal to the weight of an atom (or small ant) shall not enter Paradise.” A person amongst the audience said, “Verily, a person loves that his dress should be beautiful, and his shoes should be beautiful.” The Prophet {SAW} remarked, “Verily, Allah is Most Beautiful and He loves beauty. Pride is to completely disregard the truth, and to scorn (look down upon) the people.” [Sahih Muslim: Book of Faith: Vol. 1: Hadith No. 164]

Only if you perceive predestination can you attain a state free form anxiety and find moderation. Eradicating pride is part of attaining a Lasting Paradise, is this not the real success, the reason why I persevere in this quest? Experience gently whispers to me, true perception is the result of an ongoing pursuit.

Please do not be deceived into been haughty and proud, Allah wants us to be week for reliance in Him is where the real strength is to be found. If people truly perceived the complexity of events, leading to the things in their possession, they may perceive that not all has been acquired through good deeds, and face the test of their compassion!!!

In this way, any knowledge I have gained (by Allah’s leave) does not solely belong to me; hence it does not act as a means of creating pride (or attachment) within me, however I see many people who have attained worldly wealth (by Allah’s leave), how are they deluded into thinking it solely belongs to oneself?

Surah 15, Al-Hijr (The Rocky Tract)

3: Leave them to eat and enjoy, and let them be preoccupied with (false) hope. They will come to know!

4: And never did we destroy a township but there was a known decree for it.
5: No nation can advance its term, nor delay it.

A Jehovah’s Witness friend of mine has discussed with me, the coming of the Hour and how I perceive it to be. He is very humble, a meek man, who has studied the Bible for 25 years (a vast span?!) He is in agreement that Armageddon is nigh; he views it as the end of this oppressive force – Good-bye! I also see the Armageddon within each one of us, it begins and ends with the physical been reduced to dust.

Only by seeking the Kingdom of Heaven first, can a spiritual and physical balance be found, this is the quenching of the worlds thirst, the balance the spirit brings to the reality we are currently bound.

May Allah {SWT} hasten forth Isa {SAW} to rid the world of ad-dajjal, for even with technology advancing, this world is as glancing! An honest income, home, family is that too much to ask? Eradicating poverty is surely a Godly task? My Christian & Rastafarian friends too, feel the grip of ad-dajjal’s tools, for shaitan is forever oppressing, gaining strength from those souls he keeps guessing. However take solace that the dominion does not belong to him, for In Allah’s hands belong all things.

Surah 36, Ya-Sin

81: Is not He who created the heavens and the earth, able to create the like of them? Yes indeed! He is All-Knowing Supreme Creator.
82: Verily, His Command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it “Be” – and it is!

83: So Glorified is He in whose hand is the dominion of all things, and to Him you shall be retuned.

I only pray that those of the moderate way, perceive why moderation is not a thing of play, how can people perceive you moderately, when you greedily collect wealth for selfish commodities? Unless you are moderate in all the things you do, do not expect people to adhere to you! Justify moderate with your brand new £30,000 BMW, while Muslim’s starve crying out for the compassion they need to see from you!?

Unless you are moderate in all the things you do, do not expect people to adhere to you!

I came to you with some science I perceived – resulting from my continuing religiosity, only to find your reliance on science – was based on the devil’s philosophy. Do you really expect people’s compliance – when they are jobless abandoned in enmity, for surely you cannot escape their defiance – counteraction to that evil philosophy!

My part in this is that I must work hard, to free myself free evil and purify my heart.

You do not stand on moral ground above the poor, if you choose to build your empire on deception, immorality! You do not stand on moral ground above the poor, when you greedily grasp at all, denying the poor their basic necessity!

Surah 4, An Nisa (The Women)

64: They (hypocrites) are those of whom Allah knows what is in their hearts; so turn aside from them (do not punish them) but admonish them, and speak to them an effective word (ie to believe in Allah, worship Him, obey Him, and be afraid of Him) to reach their inner selves.

65: We sent no Messenger, but to be obeyed by Allah’s leave. If they (hypocrites), when they had been unjust to themselves, had come to you (O Muhammad {SAW}) and begged Allah’s Forgiveness and the Messenger {SAW} had begged forgiveness for them, indeed, they would have found Allah All-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

The reason why I write these words? Sheep led astray following the wrong herds!

Rest peacefully when you remember Allah’s Decree, those good deeds sent forth are the true victory!

May Allah find some Mercy for me; I prostrate in repentance, O Allah please Be Forgiving - also toward me.

Peace

By Guest

Assalaamu alaikum

...just some stuff that was deleted when you had the crash

By well

i have edited out this post, for i am humbled by the wisdom Allah {SWT} bestows in His countenance.

Last edited by well on 16 Feb 2006, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
By Yas
Excellent... we lost quite abit in the crash! Welcome back. :)
[KSIJDar]

https://cdn4.cdn-telegram.org/file/fz3zds1mmgBWlj[…]

[KSIJDar]

https://cdn4.cdn-telegram.org/file/qeS8LJdLtMN5nh[…]

[KSIJDar]

https://cdn4.cdn-telegram.org/file/cR3y-_ybVN22YI[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline