Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
the latest inventions, innovations, advances and scientific breakthroughs, in the ever expanding world of 21st century science
(bismillah)
(salam)

There has been a growing trend of peoples email accounts (especially hotmail) being hacked and then the account password is changed by the hackers and contacts are sent emails like the one below:
Dear,
After all my stress, finally I'm glad to get in touch with you.
I'm so sorry that you were not informed about my trip to Spain for conference, I need your help ugently as soon as you recieved my message, because It has been a very sad and bad moment for me here, the present condition that I found myself is very hard for me to explain as I mistakenly misplaced my wallet in a cab, which contain relevant document of my transport with my money and phone, and I'm sending this message to you because I'm not comfortable down here, I need the sum of €1,500Euro to sort-out all my bills here and to get myself back home as soon as possible, pls I will appreciate all your effort to make this loan possible for me, because my hope rely on you as I know you can do it, when I get back home I'll to pay you back , pls let me know how much you can afford to help me and i'll send you the details to make transfer by MoneyGram or wester nunion money transfer.

I'll appreciate any help you can give me.
Beware and report any such emails if you have been a victim to save your contacts from being defrauded.

The hackers mostly using phishing sites to get you to tell them your email account details before they log in and change your password. So, the GOLDEN RULE is DO NOT GIVE YOUR PASSWORD
Find below how hotmail is dealing with this:
Account Compromise - Unauthorized Account Access

If you believe that someone else has signed in with your Windows Live ID, you should take the following actions to secure your account:

If you still have access to your account, then you should change your password and other information right away by accessing the following links:

· Change Your Password

· Update/Change your Secret Answer

· Update/Change your alternate e-mail

If you no longer have access to your account, you may want to read the Solution named Password Reset. These will walk you through some basic password reset items that may assist you in getting access back to your account.

If this does not succeed then you can contact Live Id support through the Windows Live Validation Page. The Windows Live Validation Page was created to ask key questions about your account (only you would be able to provide to us) when you created or updated your account. Please provide as much detail as possible on every question. The more information you provide to us, the more likely it will be that our Support Agents can validate your identity.

We will not provide you any verification to what answers you have gotten correct or what answers you provided that were incorrect. This is for your security and privacy. We appreciate your understanding in this very sensitive matter. The Windows Live Validation Page can be found at: http://windowslivehelp.com/passwordreset.aspx

Here are some key items that will prevent us from assisting in resetting a password:

1. You did not provide accurate information upon creation.

2. You did not provide any information upon creation.

3. You are unable to remember any detail on your account.

4. The information on the account does not match what you have provided.

5. You did not provide enough information to validate ownership.

· Before completing the validation page, you should try to provide as much information before submitting.

· Name and email address is never enough for validation purposes.

Allow up to 24 hours for a response from our support team. We hope that this information is helpful, and please be sure to let us know of any malicious sites or links you encounter.

Finally, Many times, an account is compromised because of a malicious website that was provided in an e-mail, Instant Message, or other website that asked you to provide your username and password. If you remember the site or link where this had occurred, please let us know so that we can work to have the site removed as soon as possible.

http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.asp ... 5b951dcb41
A friends' email got hacked an a friend of his received the above email from the hacker. This friend tried to pursue the hackers to try and get their identities. Read below what he found:
[NAME OF PERSON CONTACTED BY HACKER],
Thanks so much for your stress to get me out of trouble, Due to my present condition I'm unable to provide any passport, but when I speak with the hotel manager, he gave me his own passport and his name and address as the receiver, so when you made the transfer he can receive the money and give it to me, so his passport is in the attachment

Name : Milan Claudio

Same Address:

C/San Justo 10.
Salamanca, 37001
Spain

I will be waiting fo the transfer details as soon as the money as been sent.

[SIGNATURE OF HACKED ACCOUNT HOLDER]
ID of Hacker
ID of Hacker
IDcard300x100MADRIDHOTEL.JPG (196.67 KiB) Viewed 2914 times

Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 09:40:17 +0300
To: HIDDEN
Subject: Re: Pls I need your help Immediately

Salaam [NAME OF HACKED ACCOUNT OWNER]

Western Union are not ready to transfer the money without a copy of your passport.

If you have lost your wallet and documents, I hope you have not lost your passport. Please scan it to me.

If you dont have your passport you can send me the name and passport copy of a friend who can draw the money there and give it to you

regards

[NAME OF PERSON CONTACTED BY HACKER]

[NAME OF PERSON CONTACTED] wrote:

Hello [NAME OF PERSON CONTACTED],
I'm very happy to read back from you, pls use the address below to make the transfer by Western Union or by Money Gram.

Receiver's Name: [NAME OF HACKED ACCOUNT OWNER]

Address: C/San Justo 10.
Salamanca, 37001
Spain

Please get back to me with transfer details below as soon as the transfer has been done.
Order Number or mtcn:
AMT SENT :
SENDERS NAME :
With kind regards, Yours sincerely.

Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 16:20:44 +0300
To: HIDDEN
Subject: Re: Pls I need your help Immediately

Dear [NAME OF HACKED ACCOUNT OWNER]

Pole sana that you are in such a bad situation.

Get me the details so I can assist you asap.

regards

[NAME OF PERSON CONTACTED BY HACKER]

[NAME OF HACKED ACCOUNT HOLDER] wrote:

Dear,
After all my stress, finally I'm glad to get in touch with you.
I'm so sorry that you were not informed about my trip to Spain for conference, I need your help ugently as soon as you recieved my message, because It has been a very sad and bad moment for me here, the present condition that I found myself is very hard for me to explain as I mistakenly misplaced my wallet in a cab, which contain relevant document of my transport with my money and phone, and I'm sending this message to you because I'm not comfortable down here, I need the sum of €1,500Euro to sort-out all my bills here and to get myself back home as soon as possible, pls I will appreciate all your effort to make this loan possible for me, because my hope rely on you as I know you can do it, when I get back home I'll to pay you back , pls let me know how much you can afford to help me and i'll send you the details to make transfer by MoneyGram or wester nunion money transfer.

I'll appreciate any help you can give me.

Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline