Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The sad first month of the Islamic calendar during which the family of the Holy Prophet were faced with a great ordeal and tragedy.
Qualities of a shia:

Learnt about the qualities of a shia in a majaalis:

Imam Jafar Al-Sadiq (as) told Jabir :O Jabir! Does it suffice that a person claims to be shi’a and says that he loves Ahlulbayt?
By Allah, no one is our shi’a except that he has piety(taqwa: i.e protects himself from sins) & obeys Allah’s commands…They, shi’as are not known & recognized except for their:

(1)Humility,
(2) Modesty,
(3) Fear of Allah,
(4) Trustworthiness,
(5) Plenty of remembrance of Allah,
(6) Fasting,
(7) Kindness to parents,
(8) Looking after poor neighbors & the afflicted & the indebted ones & orphans,
(9) Truthfulness,
(10) Reciting the Holy Qur’an,
(11) Restraining the tongue about people except mentioning them with good
(12) Trustees for their tribes in all affairs”.

Imam Jafar Sadiq (as) said : He is not from our Shia who accepts us by only his tongue and is against our actions and our legacy.

According to our Aimmah if anyone has the following characteristics then he is NOT A SHIAH:

*Untrustworthiness (does khayanat) in things/secrets e.t.c.
*Fills his stomach while his neighbor is hungry.
*Claims to be Shia by tongue but not by deeds.
* Doesn’t recite namaz-e-Shab (salatul layl)
*Doesn’t do his hisab/kitab (evaluate himself)
*Wakes up & doesn’t care about other muslims (their situation/problems e.t.c)
*Leaves dunya for aakhirat & vice versa.
*Is a friend of Allah in public, but his enemy in private.(does good deeds to show off but when alone disobeys Allah)
[HOLY QURAN 2:165] And there are some among men who take for themselves objects of worship besides Allah, whom they love as they love Allah, and those who believe are stronger in love for Allah and O, that those who are unjust had seen, when they see the chastisement, that the power is wholly Allah's and that Allah is severe in requiting (evil).

Our maulana explained to us the meaning of the above verse of Holy Quran, shedding some light on it.

He said that anything apart from Allah is ghayrAllah be it, The Prophets, Holy Aimmah, ones family, children, wealth, possessions,idols e.t.c e.t.c The question is ,if that is the case then why are we told to love revere and follow the Holy personalities like our Prophets and Aimmah ? The answer is: because its Allah’s order to do so ,as they take us closer to HIM ,remind us of HIM, hence this type of love is very much commendable and justified in Islam.

The love which is mentioned in this verse is love for any of those people or things that take us away from Allah. It can even be our spouses, children, or people like singers, musicians, actors, materialistic things like money, beauty, palaces, & forbidden pleasures of the world, idol worship and the list goes on and on.

Everyone has to find out which type of ghayrullah’s love exists in his soul, is it something that makes his love for Allah stronger and complete or something that distances him from love of Allah and his proximity ???

Islam enjoins on us love for our spouses, parents, relatives, children e.t.c e.t.c only for the sake of pleasing Allah BUT when the love for these same things/people is opposed to the Love of Allah that is when a person knows where he is standing E.g If my love for my child is leading me to earn haram wealth for the purpose of fulfilling his desires then the love of my child has crossed the boundaries as its leading me towards disobedience of my lord , that means my love for my child exceeds my love for Allah hence this type of love is forbidden.

In the lives of all the Prophets and Aimmah we can see the strength of their love for Allah and what better example then of Imam Hussein a.s who showed us the real meaning of the part of the verse saying ‘’and those who believe are stronger in love for Allah’’, by surrendering everything he had of the worldly possessions for the love of Allah . Nothing and I repeat , nothing at all could overcome his love for his lord. SubhanAllah.

Extract from Pooya/Ali commentary: ‘’Those believers who are stronger in love for Allah not only love everything that Allah loves but also love the true leaders of the religion of Allah because they love to love that which Allah loves in order to please Allah. Therefore the followers of Muhammad and Ali Muhammad love or hate anything or anyone for the sake of and in the cause of Allah’’.
Syd. Ammar Nakshwani in his lectures on the Quran touched upon the sibject of our prophet being an Ummi.

The holy Quran introduces the prophet as an Ummi. Syed said that this is commonly misunderstood to mean that the holy prophet could not read or write. He said it actually means that the holy prophet had no formal or informal instruction on how to read or write, but that he could read and write as directly taught by Allah (swt)
This is supported by Aga Pooya Yazdi/Mir Ahmad in their commentary of aya 48 of Surah Ankabut

“[Pooya/Ali Commentary 29:48]
The Holy Prophet received knowledge and wisdom directly from Allah. Refer to the commentary of al Baqarah: 78.
This passage shows that the Holy Prophet did not acquire knowledge of reading or writing as other scholars do after taking lessons from tutors and teachers.
This view is supported by the first four verses of ar Rahman which declare that Allah Himself taught "Quran" and "Bayan" (expression) to the Holy Prophet. It is therefore incorrect to hold that he was incapable of reading or writing, otherwise he who was deprived of the capacity of reading or writing would not be commissioned by Allah as a prophet to teach the book and wisdom to the people (see Jumu-ah: 2 and Alaq: 4 and 5).”
Salaam

During Ashra-e-Muharram, we had visiting Zakira Taherabai Kassamali from Canada i believe. She gave very enlightening majalises Mashallah. I will be posting some summaries that have been prepared by Zeeshanbai Karim, and she has kindly allowed us to share it here. Unfortunately i dont have them in chronological order so please bear with me!
By Umm.aly
Tarbiyate Nafs is your duty and a responsibility .

Unwan al basri cont.... Unwan don't take these advices lightly!!

Advice on 9 things.
These are small things but if used everyday it will help to do tarbiyate of nafs

Body... 3 there in connection to the body. As the Ruh and body are connected.
What u eat n drink has a direct effect on soul.

If a person makes an intention I want to go to Allah he needs to ponder on these

1. Don't sit if not hungry and stop when still hungry

2. Adaab of eating very important
The worst container is the stomach .. H. P Hadith ... Use only 1/3 @ food, drink and air
H. Prophet (saw) don't kill your heart by over eating
eg if u give your plant more water then it will surely die.... In the same way of u give more food to body u will kill it. Especially the spiritual heart.

3. Leave space on the stomach for hunger.

There are many hoqook on us as imam zainul abedeen (as) has mentioned in the book Risalatal hoqook

Eg haq of muezzin u need to pray for him as he is reminding u of the Adhan

The person who came to sit near u don't leave just like that. Make sure to excuse yourself.

Hoqook of the stomach.
1. Don't eat haram
2. Don't fill it... sometimes our stomach is full but just for the feel of taste we continue eating and hence filling our stomach.

What are the asaraat when we over eat.?

When we come to know of a disease, the doctors look for the source and accordingly provide us with the medicine..... In the same way when we see the spiritual disease we need to look for its source and use precaution and medicine accordingly.

1. Don't over eat as laziness will take over u..... Not only physical laziness but Ruh laziness. That desire to pray will get decreased.

The sign of mo'min is that the laziness will be away from him. And the person who overeats it leads to :

1. A person who .. When asked to do work for people he gets very active and finishes it very fast but if asked him to do anything for akhirah then laziness takes over. ... This comes from over eating .

A munafiq... S. Nisa:142... They try to deceive Allah but they deceive themselves.....

إِنَّ الْمُنَافِقِينَ يُخَادِعُونَ اللَّهَ وَهُوَ خَادِعُهُمْ وَإِذَا قَامُوا إِلَى الصَّلَاةِ قَامُوا كُسَالَىٰ يُرَاءُونَ النَّاسَ وَلَا يَذْكُرُونَ اللَّهَ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا

Surely the hypocrites strive to deceive Allah, and He shall requite their deceit to them, and when they stand up to prayer they stand up sluggishly; they do it only to be seen of men and do not remember Allah save a little.

2. Salaah ... will pray but with laziness

Signs:
A) won't have the desire to pray...won't b waiting for salaah.... Holy prophet (saw) used to wait eagerly before time of salaah ..... he said I love salaah the ways hungry or thirsty man wait for food and water!! But for me salaah is even better than that as i never get satiated from it and crave for more!!

B) Finish salaah but fast with wajibaats only... No khushu in salaah.

Soul diseases:

Islam is not saying don't enjoy food but in limitation. Don't b busy in thinking about food all the time as to what am I going to cook in the next meal.... Eat simple.

1) The noor of the heart goes away by over eating...

In Nahjul Balagha Imam Ali (as) says don't b like animals who only eat n sleep....
People stay in human form but become like animals.... The heart dies..... Don't let your soul die in such a way!!

2) Insan looses himself . S. Hashr:19

وَلَا تَكُونُوا كَالَّذِينَ نَسُوا اللَّهَ فَأَنسَاهُمْ أَنفُسَهُمْ أُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْفَاسِقُونَ

And be not like those who forsook Allah, so He made them forsake their own souls: these it is that are the transgressors.

They forgot Allah and hence forgot themselves... means?
They forgot the human quality and the natural good capabilities which Allah has gifted us.

A Person can not become noble if he over eats

3. The heart becomes hard!!! Whatever he hears he considers it to be for others not for him. Hears Naseehat but no effect on him.. When he sees problems of others will not feel remorse. If the heart is not softened then it will die!

There are lots of depth in the ayahs of the Quran .... Put Quran on the heart not just physically. Read it n ponder on it. Take each ayah n spend time on it to reflect... How can I put it practically.

S. Baqarah : 74..

ثُمَّ قَسَتْ قُلُوبُكُم مِّن بَعْدِ ذَٰلِكَ فَهِيَ كَالْحِجَارَةِ أَوْ أَشَدُّ قَسْوَةً وَإِنَّ مِنَ الْحِجَارَةِ لَمَا يَتَفَجَّرُ مِنْهُ الْأَنْهَارُ وَإِنَّ مِنْهَا لَمَا يَشَّقَّقُ فَيَخْرُجُ مِنْهُ الْمَاءُ وَإِنَّ مِنْهَا لَمَا يَهْبِطُ مِنْ خَشْيَةِ اللَّهِ وَمَا اللَّهُ بِغَافِلٍ عَمَّا تَعْمَلُونَ

Then your hearts hardened after that, so that they were like rocks, rather worse in hardness; and surely there are some rocks from which streams burst forth, and surely there are some of them which split asunder so water issues out of them, and surely there are some of them which fall down for fear of Allah, and Allah is not at all heedless of what you do.

Heart becomes like a rock or even worse. The incident at the time of nabi musa when asked to do a sacrifice of a cow.... They not oblige straight away but started asking so many questions.... This is because The hearts are hard.

3 types of rock:
1. Water passes between the rocks ... River n streams
2. Water passes from the small cracks in the rock.
3. The rock gets totally crushed

Water is Hikmat .... Has your heart become so hard that you don't allow even a litle hikmat to pass through it?

Worry abt the dirt that are coming from outside. If u want to test a hard heart. See do u get tears when u see others prob. ?

God loves it....when u remember him with tears in your eyes.

4th imam says if u can't get tears then even if u get a Little wetness in your eyes it's good.

Cry for the sins in repentance.... For the love of Allah....

H. Prophet (saw) was asked we want to do jihad but don't have weapons . prophet said if you dont have the means then its not wajib , they turned around n cried Allah loves their willingness and eagerness for jehad.

Cry in Azaa e Husayn .... This makes the heart to soften.... Tarbiyate... The tears are of real value

Ulemas say in their waseeyah keep my hanky which i used to wipe tears of Husayn keep with me in kafan.
By Umm.aly
Al-Anfal (The Spoils of War)

• 8:2 “For, Believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their
hearts, and when they hear His signs rehearsed, find their faith strengthened, and
put (all) their trust in their Lord;”

• 8:3 “Who establish regular prayers and spend (freely) out of the gifts We have
given them for sustenance:

• 8:4 “Such in truth are the believers: they have grades of dignity with their Lord, and
forgiveness, and generous sustenance”

The 5 qualities of the Momeenun are mentioned are very important; verse 2 and 3 describes the qualities that a Momin has and verse 4 re-emphasizes that certainly these are the true ones.

VERSE 2: Talks about the inner qualities that a Momin has and verse talks about the outer manifestation of the inner qualities that are seen in the form of :

• Establishes regular prayers

• Shares whatever he has been given from Allah (S) not necessarily wealth but any form of talent or skill

also, making one realize that one is only a Trustee of what Allah (S) has bestowed upon Him.

• 87:9 Therefore give admonition in case the admonition profits (the hearer).

Allah (S) tells the Prophet (s) to remind as reminder is important and will touch those hearts that have the awe of Allah (s) in them.

ESTABLISHING OF THE PRAYER

In Tafseer e Namunah, a lot has been written on the Importance of Namaaz – “your big worry should be your

Namaaz’. What kind of prayer are we sending to Allah (S) ; what kind of gift are we sending Him, is it beautiful like the kind you would like to receive.

When you give a birthday gift to someone, what does one do, wrap it up in a nice gift wrap, put a ribbon and bow on it and then find a nice gift bag to put it in; imagine however expensive a gift it was but if it was not presented in a nice manner, we may think, the person gave me out of ‘no choice’ as like it or not the outer carries weight too!

Likewise the gift wrap, ribbons, bows, gift bag for namaaz is the MUSTAHABAT DHIKR

SOME TIPS TO BEAUTIFY OUR NAMAAZ:

¸ Use a different gift bag each time you pray; everyday look for a different dua, duas before namaaz, duas
after namaaz, different dhikr and qunoot and Angels are more than happy to take our Namaaz to Allah
(S) for many a times our namaaz gets rejected because of the manner in which we prayed.

¸ Recite the Adhaan and Iqamah before each Namaaz – it is Sunnate Muaqidah, for it is the introduction to
the Namaaz.

¸ Before the Adhaan, if you have time spend 5 mins reciting the Qur’an and reflect on the verses.
Muqadamate Namaaz helps towards bringing focus into our Namaaz.

Time as we know is of Essence and if everyday I have an excuse for each of my nmaaz, that means that I don’t have time for Namaaz but I time for other things; This means that something is wrong in my life! What is it that is occupying my time so much, cooking, cleaning, internet - reading all those articles that presently talking about Muharram and its importance, watching all those u-tubes. or could be other things.

All those things that are distracting you from your Namaaz, the don’t do them, reduce if too much or remove if not needed! For the ultimate sukoon is only attained from Namaaz

Amongst the Taqibate Aam; In Mafatii you will find a dua to recite for the ‘acceptance of ones prayers’

O Allah, This is my prayer that I have just offered on account of neither a need that You may have for itnor a desire that You may have for it; rather, it is only glorification of You, obedience to You, and response to You to carry out what You have ordered me to do. O my God: If there is a defect or a deficiency in my prayer, whether in the genuflection or the prostration; then, (please) do not reproach me for it;

Reflect on the dua and your next namaaz will be better!

The Quran in several places describes a Momin; In sura Momin the first verses talk about the 6 qualities of a
Momin out of which 2 are about Namaaz

Mu'minun (The Believers)
[not giving way to their desires] with any but their spouses - that is, those whom they rightfully possess [through wedlock]: for then, behold, they are free of all blame, whereas such as seek to go beyond that [limit] are truly transgressors; and who are faithful to their trusts and to their pledges, and who guard their prayers [from all worldly intent].that will inherit the paradise; [and] therein shall they abide.

The Beginning and end of the verse talks about Namaaz – Establshing it on ttime
خَاشِعُونَ : Does not mean Fear ; it means a sense of AWE that one experiences, a realization that one is so insignificant infrom of HIM; so when the Musalii approaches salaah, he has in Mind this sense of AWE and therefore thinks about what he is reciting.
When you pray, whisper in a way that you can hear yourself at least, pronounce the words so that it touches the heart as sound is a powerful force. If it has become your habit over the years to recite without opening your mouth, try change it, it may take a while but can be done.
The litmus test to check for Khushoo in Namaaz; check if you are fidgety whist praying or in a hurry to finish! Once the Holy Prophet (s) sees a person fidgeting a lot in namaaz, tugging at his clothes etc, said this shows that the heart lacks kushoo, for it is always seen in our physical movements.
صَلَوَاتِهِمْ يُحَافِظُونَ : Love to Pray and praying on time, does not take the prayer lightly. Examples from the lives of our Aimmah (a) show how much they loved Prayer, the Holy Prophet (s) used to tell Bilal, ‘releive me – recite the Adhaan, He used to be restless for the next Prayer. Aimmah (s) “He is not from us who takes namaaz lightly.” As their followers, how then can we take Namaaz lightly!
For the person who has kushoo and who establish prayer, they fear none but Allah (s) and they always face the quibla when doing any work. One such person was Saeed bin Jubair. was originally from Kufa, and counted by Sheikh al-Tusi as one of the companions of the fourth Imam, Ali ibn Husayn. Sa'īd is held in the highest esteem by scholars of the Shi'a and Sunni Islamic traditions).
Shias have undergone a lot of oppression yet they have survived. We are here today because of their sacrifices and work, their blood and tears. Islam asks me what are you ready to do ? All that si expected of us is to follow - do ITAAAT. Shias have undergone a lot of persecution, read the ‘DESPOTIC RULERS’ to learn what was done to the Shias in prisons in past history.
Saeed bin Jubair was brought in the court of Hajjah bin Yusuf the notorious tyrant of the time who was brought as a Governer to curb the shias. Hajjah wants to humiliate him and so asks him several question. The full incident can be found on the internet ( http://islamicbulletin.org/newsletters/ ... habah.aspx)

Hajjaj: "What is your name?"
Saeed: "My name is Saeed us)."
Hajjaj: "What is your father's name?"
Saeed: "Jubair (lit. Trimmed)."
Hajjaj: "No, you are in fact Shaqi (lit. Wretched) son of Kusair (lit. a broken thing)."
Saeed: "My mother knew my name better than you do."
Hajjaj: "What is your belief about the Prophet (SAW)?"
Saeed: "He was an apostle of Mercy and a Prophet of Allah, sent with the best Guidance for the whole creation."
Hajjaj: "Who is the most exalted of the four Khalifahs?"
Saeed: "The one who had been able to please Allah more than the rest?"
Hajjaj: "Is Ali in Paradise or in Hell?"
Saeed: "I can answer only after I visit the two places and meet their dwellers."

Many more questions were asked to Saeed until finally Hujjaj gives the order for him to be executed.
Saeed facing qibla and recited: "Verily, I have turned my face toward Him. Who created the heavens and earth, as one by nature upright, and I am not of the idolaters." (6:79)
Such are MUsalineen; for he had the quran in his heart

Hajjaj: "Turn him from our Qiblah . and his face was turned away from quiblah
Saeed: "Whithersoever Ye turn, there is Allah's Face. For Allah is All-Embracing, All-Knowing." (Quran 2:115)
Hajjaj: "Make him lie on his face."
Saeed was made to lie on his face.
Saeed:"From the (earth) did We create you, and into it shall We return you, and from it shall We bring you out once again." (Quran 20:55)

After the execution, a lot of blood flowed from Saeed's body till Hajjaj himself was surprised. He inquired the reason and was told "His tranquility and composure at the time of death had kept his blood in its original form. Generally, people to be executed are so much scared and afraid of death that their blood curdles and does not flow profusely."

Saeed before he was to be beheaded prayed to Allah (S) that he should be the last person that Hujjaj kills, such are the Namazi and the muhibe eiman.
Hajjaj was not himself after the execution of Saeed, all he could say day and night was blood flowing and it is said that after 2 weeks he died.
When you weep in the adhaa, think of the dhulm happening in the world, what then becomes our responsibility?
• Try with our hands and feet to overcome it
• Or with our tongues, write or speak about it
• Refute it in your heart and pray for the Momineen, the oppressed and for the dhuhoor of Imam.
Time given to the Dhaalim is for him to sin even more, for oppression is a form of madness the likes of which we say in Yazid and Bibi Zainab (a) tells Yazid in the courtyard; ‘don’t think that the time given to you is good for you’. Towards the end Yazid repented for he lost peace of mind during the days and nights as he saw blood and heard the cries of Bibi Fatema (a) and the children.
Tips from Zakira Taherabai Jaffer's 8th Majlis - Nov 11
Dar es Salaam / Tanzania

In today's world, illness is increasing. Ayatullah Mishkini has reported 400 daily tips from Imam Ali (a.s) in his book Hadiyatush Shia. Some of them mentioned by Zakira Tahera bai are as follows:

MAGICAL NATURAL MEDICINE

Drink milk slowly - sip by sip. It cures all types of sickness and if honey is added then it is even better since it is the cure of 77 diseases. (Honey +milk = sharp memory)

NO MORE BAD MOOD DAYS -
When we are in stress or tension; or anger or going through hormonal changes and want to keep our moods steady and change them instantly, we should do 1 or more of these 5 things:
Use honey - taste it, eat it.
Watch greenery
Recite la hawla wala quwwata illa billahil aliyyil adheem. This is a treasure of Jannat.
Keep ourselves linked with water. For eg doing wudhu when angry.
Applying perfume except when around na mahram.

4th Imam also added: being linked with khak e Karbala. It is recommended to wear or hold a tasbeeh of khak e karbala inorder to keep ourselves calm.

RAISINS & DATES
21 raisins early morning before eating anything works wonders in terms of reducing anger, stress, frustration, mood swings, improves memory, etc.
Eating dates
Also cutting nails on Friday.
Eating salt before and after food. Not table salt since that is not beneficial but best to use rock salt since it has 72 minerals and prevents stones being made in the stomach/kidney etc. It should also be used to gargle, we will not need dentists for any toothaches. Keep a bottle of it ready with you and whenever you eat anything gargle only once or twice with it such that the water has reached everywhere and inshaAllah we wont need dentists.

Margarine is extremely bad for health since it increases cholesterol and so does cow meat. Reduce the use of cow meat and stop the use of margarine. Butter maybe used in less quantity instead.

Special note: it is recommended to sit on the floor to bring humility in ourselves. The Prophets and Awliya would sit on the floor, so unless a genuine reason, it is better to sit on the floor.
Majlis 2

Majlis is a level field to help us come back to Allah from our daily lives.
Anti viral from daily life. Like a computer needs an anti virus to get rid of bugs everyday, we need majlis to do the same, clean our systems out.
Point of this farsh
soon as u sit in the majlis, u get ready to sit and accept ur faults. Because of the barkat of Zahra... We try all kinds of therapy eg reiki etc to get positive energy, this majlis is the best way to get positivity.
Keep the all the traditions of azadari, not one iota more, not one less that u got taught from ur parents, pass them to ur children. Ayatullahs say this.
Problem these days is that kids do not put fwd their hands to get tabarruk. And are ashamed shy to do naaras.
It's this tabarruk which brings the naare haideri from the child's mouth.
Tabarruk root word is barkat. It is this barkat which takes ur life from gng towards death to towards I Hussains life. In one month the rubbish of 11 months comes out.

Azadars of hussains give out a perfume that angels can smell and want so they take permission from Allah to come and touch their wings from the place the shoes of the azadari of imam Hussain were sitting. Everything is available from this farsh but u should know how to take.

A humans life is like a football game, 1st half u loose, 2nd half u learn from ur mistakes and hit goals
Interview with shaytaan, 56 questions, favourite game apparatus is. A ball, why? Because when a human gets angry he becomes a ball in shaytaans hands.

Imam mahdi's - the person who doesn't know the maarifat of imam zamana and leaves the earth, dies the death of an illiterate Ie a donkey. Why because a horse knows its value while a donkey will keep working however much u hit it.

What is namaz? It's a thank u to Allah. we teach our kids sorry and thank u so that it's automatic to all other humans but what do we do to Allah? No thanks?

A child can forget all numbers but not their mothers. Allah loves us 70x more than our mother, remember His number 2.4.4.3.4, - no of rakats.
We do two things. One we pray and think we r great or two we don't pray at all.

Man who is 20 yrs old but doesn't know fiqh masail imam zamana will kill them straight away. Preparing for imam that we promise him means knowing our deen and it's rules.

One guy gave 2 milk giving camels in donation (equivalent to British airways aeroplane)- prophet said he will give these to the person who prays the best namaz. Prophet said no to imam Ali cos he was thinking abt something in sajdah
Gibrael came and told prophet to give him because he was thinking if he gets the camels he would distribute the meat in the fuqaha of mahdinah.

B4 IZ comes famine will be at its peak, IZ will come and distribute the wealth evenly.
B4 he comes two things will be at its peak, big ppl will spend money on getting slim and old ppl will spend money on trying to look young ie cosmetic surgery.

Tunis sheikh came to give congrats to imam khomeni during revolution. (Muslim countries bordering Europe do not have islamic values). Sheikh stayed at 5 star hotel. Came out from lobby to car but it was icy and snow so he slipped never been in this climate b4. He refused all help, no1 touch me, kept falling. Got to car. Met ayatullah and came back. Some1 asked him why he didn't let any1 help him.

He gave 3 advice. 1. Don't ask some1 too many questions. 2. If ur a parent of a mature girl even if she is like Bibi Maryam then worry for her. 3. Careful when u take out a loan.
Prophet gave Hadith. When one of my sons shows victory then go towards him even if it means getting there by slipping on ice. So I went towards the ayatullah full will according to this Hadith.

So what have u done for the imam? How have u prepared?

Imam hussains last Khutba on ashura day was on a camel. Why? Because to sit on a horse is a sign of battle, to sit on a camel is a sign of peace. He sat so that all the opposite army could see him. From the archers on the floor to the ppl on the camels and made sure every1 heard who he was, whose son, grandson he was and what he has done for Islam. Why didn't the yazidi army listen? Because they had haraam food in their stomach. One penny of haraam ruins everything, just like one drop of urine ruins a vat of milk.
Majlis 3

Red past and green future is the topic
Imam Sadiq has said when u wake up in the morning with the love of the Ahlulbayt then do shukr. Those who have love in the hearts of imam Ali r those whose mothers have given haq to their husbands.
A lot of fazeelat in every shab e Jummah, for anything. Jummah is known as Eid but shab e Jummah is known as shab of munajaat/gham/dua.
We have made into a schedule, which is good BUT recite duas with proper soul and heart.
What kinds of things give us pleasure? Food! Dress! Love from ppl!
We recite but only lip service. We don't feel each word. When in every dua and action we don't remember anything but Allah like I Hussain did that's when Allah remembers everything for u.

Man in bani Israel got lucky to get a wife who was equal to him in imaan. Went to nabi of that time, to ask him to do dua for mother to get sight, get money and child.
Next day was told that no dua would have been accepted but becos of waseela was told can get one out of 3 wishes. He thought. He asked give me so that my old woman gets to see my son in her lap eating from a gold plate.
Nabi smiled, went to Allah. Allah accepted.
So what can't we get if we ask at the door of imam Hussain?

We should ask for marhumeens shifa and safety and appearance of IZ.

Ur child is ur institute so be v careful! In everything we do we r a Muslim. Work, housework, everything.
Science has wasted so much money on research which could have been found just from reading things written by imam Jaffer Sadiq.

O Adam I made u for Me, I made this world for you, u become mine and everything will become urs.

Every1 cares these days that some1 is dying but no1 cares abt their akherat, no1 cares abt their grave.

Red past, green future and our responsibilities. Resemblance b/w imam Mahdi and imam Hussain as

Imam Hussain has said he wants ilm with hilm! Knowledge with humbleness!

Imam Ali was asked abt life with life with Bibi Fatema. He said we r like pigeons, most united bird, love birds who r very united. And becos of that I have imaan, health and one other thing which I missed.

Parents these days teach how to talk but then don't teach kids when to stop talking! Today u will teach them 1,2,3, Tom they will tell u shut up!

How do create humbleness in a family? 1st create it in urself. Learn to say YES BOSS. 1st to Allah, 2nd to ahlulbayt, 3rd to parents and 4th to husband. House is very delicate. Is run on a wife's temperament.
Always do shukr and don't hold onto things. Learn to let go.

As knowledge is increasing, household crisis is increasing. Arrogance is creeping in.

A person clubs onto a bus and is told to squeeze b/w two big ppl. At 1st u sit a big uper uper. Then holes in the road come along and u settle a bit b/w them. The more holes come the more u fit b/w them. The two big ppl are ur mother in law and husband. The holes are quarrels. So Quarrels can be good! As long as their is love and imaan in a marriage it will work.

A person who knows how to use their knowledge will use it to create a great marital life.

The best degree of every woman is her household, this is from P Muhammed. The best woman is one who spends half her life in shukr and half in sabr.

Makes friends who remind u of Allah not those who put u in more trouble.

We want miracles in life but IZ will create miracles from knowledge!

Women do not know their value! She has the strength equivalent to a general who can control 300 man so why can't u control one??!

Woman went to Maulana for marital advice, he told her to get him 3 whiskers from a lion. She was like Lord! But she went to the zoo, over days fed the lion gave him chaag and got the whiskers. Gave to the Maulana, he was like :o
He was like u can control a beast but not a man??!! Do with ur man what u did with the lion!

When the man leaves the house in the morning send him with love. This give him strength, makes him healthy. When he come greet him wearing good clothes and with glass of water and MAKE sure ur children see all this so they learn.

B4 zahoor of imam, economic climate will be at its worst. Fathers will sell their daughters for bread.
Visa entry to the government of IZ will be ur amal.

We have no sense of responsibility after marriage.

Nothing wrong with punishment. When we were younger a few slaps didn't hurt but guided us. These days kids will say I will goto police! Police maa se bhi bar gaya hai!

U have to keep children lively. Don't lecture them. Entertain them and teach them.
Father, son and donkey anecdote. Whatever u do, ppl will talk. This was story of P Luqman. That once u make ur mindset stick to it, if u want to marry, mindset is to make it work!

Every1s amal e saaleh is different. A nurses, students, older persons etc. do not think every1s is the same. When u realise this, u will give, not snatch for others.

Everything has a currency. Allah has sent u into this life with the currency of time. Past, present, future. Past has gone, future, who knows so it's all abt present, present present! Do what u can now, not tomorrow.

A man was abso depressed that he wasn't getting ziyarat of IZ. Prophet came into his dream. Why r u so depressed? Can't get to meet IZ. So prophet told him it's becos u don't do enough gham on imam Hussain. Man told him can't do this due to work etc. prophet said when u get out of the house do salaam to imam Hussain. He spent a year doing this and ended up doing gham for I Hussain and after a year he got the ziyarat of IZ.
If anyone has more points from the azadari from these ashras, do share.. these are the two months when we get maximum enlightenment to last us throughout the year and perhaps our life too if we apply them to our daily life. So much to learn and apply!
Salaams,

May Allah (swt) reward us for the grief our hearts are filled with due to the grief that Hussain (as) faced on the plains of Karbala

There were excellent majalises all over the world. Lets share what we all learned.
After Imam Hussain's a.s martydom, when the tents of the ladies of his household were being burnt and their coverings snatched we all know that lady Zainab s.a asked the Imam of that time i.e 4th Imam a.s whether they should burn alive while remaining in their tents or get out of their tents without their coverings....we hear this year after year,we cry and lament and stop at that.

Have we ever pondered on these profound words of lady Zainab ???

We all know that she was given the title of Alimatun ghaira mu'allima"'(i.e the one who knows without being taught) by the same Imam. THEN WHY DID SHE POSE THIS QUESTION???

No doubt it was to emphasize two extremely important things:
(1) The great importance of learning and implementing the fiqhi rulings of marja e taqleed in our daily lives no matter how knowledgeable we are.
(2) The great importance of the covering which is so invaluable that its absence is harder & more painful then being burnt alive to death....Yaa Allah.
The daughter of the lady of light is teaching us that the essence of the life of a muslimah revolves around her covering.

Alas neither do we respect and act on the verdicts of our honorable Maraji nor do we attach any importance to our coverings....its such a common sight nowadays to see the precious hijab being belittled and made fun of ....reduced to naught while we remain silent onlookers.
O Zainab, you sacrficed the essence of your life for saving ours....our heads bow down in shame ,truly we are the ungrateful ones....
(Courtesy to our zaakira for enlightening us on this invaluable point)
According to 1st & 8th aimmah the following 5 actions should be performed to control and overcome depression/anger/anxiety.

> It is highly beneficial for a woman in state of hayz-nifas-menopause to apply them, as these are the times when she is more prone to suffer from the above conditions due to hormonal fluctuations (a woman in hayz should start one week bfr commencement of hayz as PMS starts then)

1. Connect oneself with water (perform wudhoo after wudhoo even if ur wudhoo is intact)
2. Eat honey
3. Use much perfume/ antar (not in presence of non mahram)
4. Look at greenery as much as possible (plants-grass-trees)
5. Recite "laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa billaahil aliyyil adheem", as much as possible.

6. 4th Imam recommended wearing tasbih made of khaake shifaa- karbala.

(Courtesy of zaakira Tahira Jaffar)
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline