Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The sad first month of the Islamic calendar during which the family of the Holy Prophet were faced with a great ordeal and tragedy.
By Tayyaba
what do you mean especially for women..? there is hijab for eyes for both men and women...now now if men know that some women do watch them doing zanjeer then it is your duty to wear something and you dont fall into sin..the woman ofcourse is getting sins by watching the men..so what you think?
By Tayyaba
:roll: lol
By kulsham
smak786110 wrote:
there are videos/clips about zanjeer... if non muslim women are watching it, why not muslim women?
If non-muslim women drink alcohol...Why muslim women dont ??? :roll:
Ermmm... Are we talking about ALCOHOL over here?
go get your eyes checked at bashirs... i'll pay the 5000 whatever the charges are for the check up.
By kulsham
make sure you are at the optician by 9 am... my secretary will be there with the cash.. sio you take it and go to buy soda oho.
By Muhammad Mahdi
First things first. Why do zanjeer at all?
By Tayyaba
same reason as we do matam i guess..not sure..but i think jus to show our sorrow and pain that maybe if we were there in kerbala we would sacrifise our lives for Imam hussein (a.s)..i guess guys would know better..
By Muhammad Mahdi
well guys, why do you do zanjeer?
why do matam?
By smak786110
Its a type of azadari in which you hurt yourself because Imam Hussein was hurt......

I think its like tht man who took all his teeth of becoz he heard tht the Holy Prophet has broke his one teeth in a battle....
By smak786110
I think its a sign of respect or as said on top....Its a sign of being with Imam when he was in battle...
By the way.....Only doing Azadari wont give us anything i suppose...We also hv to change our inner self.
By Muhammad Mahdi
Well, the question arises, why should you hurt yourself?
According to Islam, doing dhulm on yourself is haraam. Why shoul one cut oneself and beat oneself when it may be against islamic principles.

As we discuss this let us also discuss the importance of saff. Why do people do saff? What is its importance?
By Tayyaba
some ppl i asked about matam and they said its like killing your desires and your bad habits when you beat yourself..and you think of what sins you do and try and change.!
By qarrar
Well, the question arises, why should you hurt yourself?
Doing azadari of Aba Abdillah(as) in whatever form be it matam, saf matam, zanjeer and or tatbir is not dhulm on oneself, denying azadari or questioning its performance is dhulm is on Aba Abdillah (as). His sacrifice on the day of Ashura was great and whatever little we can do to exemplify what we claim in Ziyarat e Waritha, ‘O Imam we wish we were with you on the day of Ashura’ is little.

One thing that I always bear in mind which my father had told and I have heard it from countless zakirs, that whenever a question of azadari arises, please do not give your opinion because even the most learned in our religion fail to do so in their wise and rational minds. Who are we, mere fallible mortal, with finite intellects…
DHUL QA' DAH SUNDAY SALAT

The month of Dhul-Qa`dah is the first of the Sacre[…]

"The 12 Shining Imams" Series In this p[…]

FREE PALESTINE

Cambridge University’s Trinity College has m[…]

$1 billion in ammunition to Israel

According to two members of Congress, the administ[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline