Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
A section dedicated to reviews of books ... good, bad, excellent or aweful...let others know what you thought of books that you have read...
By abuali
Salaams

None of us will be able to read all the books that are out there. And hence the need of some sort of peer to peer recommendation.

By sharing what we are currently reading and our opinion of it, we can help each other identify and read what interests us.

So, what are you reading currently....
By abuali
I am currently reading The Great War for Civilisation: The Conquest of the Middle East by Robert Fisk

Here is a description from wiki:
The Great War for Civilisation: The Conquest of the Middle East is a book published in 2005 by the award-winning English journalist Robert Fisk. The book is a compilation of many of the articles Fisk wrote when he was serving as a correspondent in the Middle East for The Times and The Independent. The book revolves around several key themes regarding the history of the modern Middle East: the Arab-Israeli conflict, the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, the Persian Gulf War as well as the 2003 Iraq War as well as other regional conflicts such as the Armenian Genocide and the Algerian Civil War. The Great War for Civilisation is the second book Fisk has written about the Middle East with the first one, Pity the Nation, (Nation Books, 2002) being about the Lebanon Civil War.

Fisk's book details his travels to many of the hotspots of the Middle East, such as Iraq and Iran during the Iran–Iraq War, and his numerous interviews with both the country's leaders and its people. Along with these interviews, Fisk also provides much of the historical context to these conflicts.

In the book, Fisk criticizes the governments of the United States and the United Kingdom for what he perceives as their hypocritical and biased foreign policy towards the Middle East, especially in regard to the Arab-Israeli conflict and the 2003 Iraq War. He contends leaders of both countries deliberately misled the world about their motivations for invading Iraq in 2003.[1]

The name of the book comes from a campaign medal Fisk's father was awarded for his services in the First World War.[2]
By Tayyaba
I am currently reading ''THEN I WAS GUIDED''

Then I was guided is a book written by the Tunisian Muslim scholar Muhammad al-Tijani.

Al-Tijani was formerly a Muslim of the Maliki denomination, but after a visit to Iraq, he started to study the Shia point of view. After some period, he concluded that the history of Islam with regards to the early events that formed the Muslim communities, is a non-factual account written by the Banu Umayyad, an account that eventually was taken as factual by the Sunnis. He eventually rejected the Sunni account of history and became Shia.

The author found the Shia arguments for their account of history to be valid and sourced, and he began to write about it. Then I was guided is his first book in a series of books he wrote for the Sunni audience, asking the Sunnis the same questions he faced during his studies of Shi'a literature, and propagating that these questions can not be answered with the Sunni view of the events, and citing evidence that he claimed proved the Shi'a view to be more sound.
By abuali
I recently finished reading THE KNIGHTS TEMPLARS by Harun Yahya

An interesting study of the history and influence of this powerful cult group that lurks these days in the guise of freemasonry

A very interesting 75 page read.

You can read it for free!

read THE KNIGHTS TEMPLARS
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline