Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
This is the place to post articles on any issue which doesn not fit under any other category or forum
By abuali
(salam)

Dr. M. Datoo from the World Federation sent me a PM with regards to the topic being discussed.

Find below a copy of our correspondence:
Salaams.

Inshallah you are well. I got an email from Childabuse Dsm" <childabusedsm@yahoo.com with link to the ask.co.tz website. The WF autistic centre is being discussed and allegation of abuse has been raised. I note that there was disappointment from the group that The World Federation has not responded. The 'ask' group is for members and only members would visit the site, unless someone from the group write to us, we would not be in a position to respond, and even after getting email we cannot discuss such issue in an open forum as there is lot of confidentiality issues.

I would have replied to the sender directly, but I was not sure who the sender was, as the email has not been signed and the sender is 'childabuse Dsm', the identity of the person as not known.

Through your forum if you can let the member know, that if they have any concerns then they can email health@world-federation.org we will try and respond within a reasonable time.

As far as child abuse is concerned, these allegations were brought to the attention of the Autistic Centre and it was investigated by health care professionals and they were found to be incorrect. If there are any other evidence then please do let us know.

Because of confidentiality, we would not be able to share information on this subject

Duas

Dr Munir M Datoo
Assistant Secretary General - Health
The World Federation of KSIMC
(wasalam) Dr. Datoo

Welcome to Ask.

Alhamdulilah alls well at my end. Hope all is well at your end.

Thank you for joining the forum and taking the time to respond.

My humble suggestion would be if you could post your reply in the same thread where this issue is currently being discussed.

In this way, all those who are concerned can be made aware that WF does care and is willing to engage.

regards

Hasin
WS Hasin

Thanks for your email. unfortunately your forum does not allow to email the administrator without registering and that was the reason for registering.

The allegations were investigated and found to be baseless. But as I mentioned eariler if anyone has concerns then they can write to The World Federation and we will respond.

Duas

Dr Munir M Datoo
By Insaan
Sounds like the answer a politician would give.

The WF is scared (censored) of external organizations as it may lose its status in the UK. I suggest sending an email to a child protective international group.
By Insaan
Yes it is PURE POLITICAL ANSWER, God these people indeed are scared of the status in UK.

Its high time to take action with TANZANIAN GOVERNMENT SECTORS, and to involve them to get the
whole truth out FROM misuse of the kids, misuse of funds from US AID... and etc

becoz a person sitting thousands of miles away how can he be so sure of the all things said by parents
is wrong? did u visit the parent? did u see the child? Did you spend your time in centre being annonymous
HE HE HE HE NO HE DIDNT AND HE WOULDNT AS HE IS TOO HIGH STANDARD TO BE IN THIS PLACE AND WASTE HIS TIME....

ANY WAYS TIME TO BRING TO FRONT THE ISSUE , AND SEE THE TRUTH IN LOCAL NEWS PAPERS OF DSM
By abuali
I sent the following PM to Dr. Datoo
(salam)

I have informed those discussing the issue by pasting in our correspondence so that everyone concerned can be aware that World Federation is concerned and is dealing with their concerns.

Can you comment on the following allegations:

1. Music: Teaching the children to dance to musical tunes and having a DJ Band present to entertain parents and children during the parents day where board members danced with their wives to the tunes of loud music

2. Forced removal of a student whose parent dared to bring up issues with the management/board

3. Lack of qualified staff: Can you confirm if currently the centre is severely understaffed especially as far as qualified professionals who are needed for care of autistic children. If so, can you let us know what steps have been taken to procure the right human resources for the centre?

4. Finances: Apart from the 2m+ per year per child, what other finances are granted/available to the project?

5. Can you explain why the investigation of such serious allegations by health care professionals cannot be shared? Especially since the investigations proved the allegations baseless? Keep in mind the allegations are already being discussed in public (online and offline). Wouldn't publishing such an investigation be the right thing to do to counter such allegations?

The above are concerns that I have come across from various members (parents and concerned members of dar es salaam community) both online and offline. The words formulated are my own.

With regards

Hasin
By abuali
this is the reply i received
Salaams

Thank you for your email. I will share with you the resolution that was passed by the community leaders in one of the executive council. The resolution is self explanatory.

At the 6th Exco of the term 2006-2009 hed in June 2008 in Toronto teh following resolution was passed

“Recognising the fact that there will be differences of opinions and conflicts amongst members of the community, we hereby resolve that unless such issues and differences are formally brought before the Executive Council they will not be entertained by the councillors in any other forum or capacity; and we will not give credence to rumours.”

Duas

Munir M Datoo
By Insaan
Salaamun Alaykum.

In addition to the steps mentioned by other members, I believe a few concerned members should group up and schedule a tour at the WFADCC.

1. This might provide an opportunity in directly speaking with the heads.
2. This will provide an opportunity to see how things work there, emphasize on the good things and highlight the bad ones for improvement, leading to recommendation of possible solutions.
3. Expose possible key weaknesses in the system and contribute towards strengthening them.
salaams

Sounds like a good idea to meet them, but where and with whom? and i spoke to parent she is ready to go for it.

so you can get few parents and well wishers so we move ahead

umme
By Insaan
salaam,
All these allegation about the cent re i don't know where did you guys get them, my daughter schools at the centre, she has improved a lot, she joined the centre while not toilet trained, couldnt eat herself, couldnt respond when called by name or even following orders, this is her 3rd year, she goes to washroom herself, eat her self, her attention and concentration is much better, can count one to ten both in english and swahili, an copy numbers 1 - 10. she is learning to do simple additional maths. so i thanks God and all staff of WFADCC for their wonderful job, may Allah reward them.
my advice as a parent, if its true that there is a child who was sexual abused by the staff withing the centre with the knowledge of their parents, why didnt them report to police, because with their assistance they can prove it, and take further action against them. otherwise your discussion in this forum is just nonsense.

wasalaam.

concerned parent.
Indeed I agree with you the centre is a blessing and blessed be parent who initiated this projecte.Amen

How ever here the point is not counting 1 to 10, its matter of development of centre as per the ability of child requirement, as not all kids are falling under your child category.some are worse and some better.So the project co ordinators need to focus on the development and take the critics as way of improving and not setting off child dear.Am sure InshAllah once you daughter will cross some stage you will expect the same from centre and one day you will ponder on the point i said.....

However ,would you as a parent like to expose your child? and especially a child who is non verbal,and a special child , going to police is very easy step but being concerned for the two mutual parties has made the parent stop, as no 1 if the case goes to police the centre will be in lime light,some of the good point sand bad points whivh we are not aware will be in media and may be centre be kept on hault for few days as well which is disadvantage to other kids as I see.

Number two what if the accusation as you said is wrong or nonsense as you abused turns out to be true and had had happened
God forbid to your child some six months from now while she is un aware of act ,only her observed actions or words will tell you for what happened to HER , will you agree to expose your daughter along with other abused child ?If so please respond as two is better than one.I will arrange a security ASAP , and talk to the other parent.

Regards

UMME
By Insaan
Salaams Umme,
thanx for your clarification, but im sure you are a parent, will you be silence if and if only you find out that your son or daughter has been sexual abused and you have solid proof for the act, just for the sake of the center survival? or to prevent your child from being exposed? There is no parent who can live with that, and the reasons you gave can not justify the act of you as a parent to hold or sit on the evidence and discuss it in the website. if you real want to stop this behavior, you should follow write procedure otherwise you want other children to be abused? to me it seems you have personal agenda or conflict with the center, but what ever personal problem you have with them, do not drag us to your mess. if you think the purpose of the center is not our children improvement, to be able to perform daily life activities and skills such as reading and writing, then what is it for? is it politics?
i know each child has different level of disability and ability, but each one improve at his/her own phase as i have attended several clinics for autistic children before, but if your child improvement is slow than others you should learn to live with it, thats my advice.
sory if some of my words will be so harsh, but i like to talk direct, rather than run around the bush. if something is wrong i normal confront it using the right measure, and not run around the bush.

wasalaam,

Regarsds,
concerned parent.
salaams

thanks for your response.

Well it was my duty let world know the issue and i did it.... it reached them as well .. to act on it or cover it its on them now...

And as a parent we pray to Allah swt it doesnt happen to any child be it special needs or normal kid... take two seconds after your morning prayers picture your child and then tell me will your trully expose your daughter?

(jazakallah)

umme
By Insaan
Bump! Any more info on this?
By abuali
Unfortunately not.

It seems World Federation does not consider the concerns posted on this discussion as a formal complaint, and therefore is refusing to comment.

Furthermore, World Federation points to an internal investigation proving these allegations baseless but are unwilling to share any information about the investigation.

In light of the abuse of power of a madressa teacher of an institution which is a member of World Federation and his subsequent criminal proceedings, such a laid-back attitude by World Federation is truly shocking.

Posted with TouchBB on my iPhone
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline