Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
This is the place to post articles on any issue which doesn not fit under any other category or forum
I actually don't require answers to my this question coz no one will have any. m 100% sure all our community members are aware that at the time of Majlis Lectures Marsiya Etc. Our youths mostly teens are found near AKS shop or corner for what. Is it Mela (fate) or what or they got permission to watch other's sisters while allowing others to watch their sister. Today its sister & mother tommorrow wives then exchanging... look this is the base make it strong cut the roots of shaiytaan(evil) coz afterwards it won't be easy. I heard with my ears Non-Muslims saying that its hard to find any real good girl from Ithna Asheri, we are losing our rapo brother and sisters atleast of dar es salaam plz help to build a good community and if any of our buddies doing so stop cooling your eyes and girls providing sustenance to shaiytan plz stop. The zahoor of Imam Is near be prepared. Comments Are Welcomed
By Hussaini
Very interesting point raised by bro.

This issues is being tackled every time but the message falls on deaf ears. What do we do???

I think ladies should take this matter seriously and report it to their management that this thing ned to be stopped. I think if the ladies take the bold step to inform the leader of the jamaat that we do not want gents standing outside the mosques and it has to be stopped in turn the Jamaat needs to be aggrssive. Agian there are not 500 people standing there only a few who stand and block the path for ladies to walk, I think Jamaat should approach them humbly and ask them to avoid standing there.

My few cents
By *Fatema*
salaam
i think both of u have points but cant the boys themselves just try stopping i.e standing outside. well if we do approach the jamaat i guess at least the boys should try n stop standing there
*Fatema*
By Hussaini
The pother option is to eduve their parents both Father and mother who can than impoe on their son not to stand outside the mosques
By *Fatema*
salaam
yah ur rite but somrtimes the parents dont even know wether the children are standing outside or not rite?
*Fatema*
By Yas
Hey wait a second! I quote the original poster:
heard with my ears Non-Muslims saying that its hard to find any real good girl from Ithna Asheri,
and now I quote the reply:

I think if the ladies take the bold step to inform the leader of the jamaat that we do not want gents standing outside the mosques and it has to be stopped in turn the Jamaat needs to be aggrssive.
and the attack goes on:
cant the boys themselves just try stopping i.e standing outside. well if we do approach the jamaat i guess at least the boys should try n stop standing there
I don't understand WHY there is an exaggerated attack specifically upon the guys, when the original post also focused on the ladies. Yeah, I do acknowledge that sightseeing in our jamaat is a major issue... but just to balance things out slightly, I think we need to adopt a neutral viewpoint

Perhaps the ladies shouldnt be standing there in the first place. "Looking for my husband" isnt really a credible excuse any more with the introduction of mobile phones... but not everyone has cells do they. Hey, perhaps the gents shouldnt be there! Or wait, perhaps the Jamaat could organize a more civilized form of congregation.

So many possibilities... if only we were willing to implement them.
By *Fatema*
well i guess its true we need to implement this on both boys n girls.its upon us wether we want to folow it or not rite?
*Fatema*
Salaam Alaikum.
It is too obvious for everyone to see that youngsters are influenced by the Elders, and its true! These are not only the teenagers, but most of them are the elders who stand outside the mosque, giggling when the majlis, lectures go on. By a clear view on that, youngsters follow the same steps and i can tell that no Jamat people nor anyone can stop such a behaviour on those people who have the habit of standing outside the mosque! When elders do it, than what do you expect on youngsters? If those who are really interested not to attend the majlis or lectures than why dont they just go home or anywhere else rather than messing up the reputation of their own community?

2nd Point.. Standing outside, looking for ur mom, sister or wife? such a lame excuse to be said.. More of looking for ur wife, mom or sister, these grown up guys look at other girls and say, " Ohh she's soo preetier than my wife is, Where is my girlfriend" ? what do u expect out of this? More of youngsters are these Grown up married men who stare at ladies, they have no such shame on them selves! Its like you find the whole jamat outside after majlis near by the corner of AK'S which you dont even find such a unity crowd in the mosque while the Majlis is being held. Someone will be at SeaCliff but when the Majlis is over, Boy! The guy is already there on that line where you get a chance to look at the girls. Lol, its too funny. Guys, haven't u forgotten that this is called Namahram?
And as for the ladies? Some of them are soo like the guys, they come outside, stand so that they can look for their boyfriends. This isn't right, dont you know that you are still at mosque area? This is a major problem! But guys have to change this! Once guys stop this, the whole chapter will be closed!
By Pearls of Wisdom
You know something that is quite interesting :roll: (ofcourse) I am being sarcastic when I say "interesting" coz in reality it's a shame to say to least, this just doesn't happen in Dar, I have seen it happen it many other jamaats outside of Dar, like London and US, wht examples are we setting for the youths, I agree with all the comments posted and we need to put a stop to this... my question is doesn't the jamaat know of this, ofcourse they do, are they thinking of doing something about it, ofcourse not... we as youths can make a difference, we need to put a stop to this...do u think a petition would help any in this matter? or any other ideas how to put a end to this problem :?:
By Yas
lol. true say. However, I think the situation abroad is not really fit for comparison with dar - because of the radically differing cultural references and all. Anyway, it's quite a big issue, a disgrace, something which DESERVES to be exaggerated when you consider it in the whole "dar" context. Since dar is traditionally pretty religious. Or so we brag..lol. But obviously, as you say, the situation isnt really as bad as in london or the states praps. Nevertheless, this shouldnt be ANY justificaiton or excuse to let it persist.

Petition? I can already picture a whole line of youths ready to sign up for it :roll: lol. It's a great idea.. but yet at the same time its ironic - do we really need to implement a PETITION to get a consensus on this? I mean, it isn't exactly a debatable issue - it's pretty much been depicated by the brothers/sisters above as haraam! (Depending on how conservative/traditional one is).

U know, at this rate, if we dont come up with any intelligent solutions, they might as well save up and build a wall right through the huge mosk windows to dar tabligh. Just pray it's not a glass one. :lol:
By Pearls of Wisdom
LOL indeed, but you really think people really care how wrong it is, forget wrong, its HARAAM, they don't care and nor will they care coz they have become used to doing that and till we don't think of ways to end this, it won't stop...

"U know, at this rate, if we dont come up with any intelligent solutions, they might as well save up and build a wall right through the huge mosk windows to dar tabligh. Just pray it's not a glass one"...LOL, Now see u don't wanna be giving them ideas, next thing u know, we will have tht coz it will look beautiful and no other jamaat has done it so we can be the first ones to implement it(phhhhhhlllllllllzeeeee, this mentality needs no petitions just donations :roll: ) and their reasoning will be so our women don't get soaked and lets make it glass so they can see us when they come out, hence the same old story...
By Tanveer
Interesting discussion going on here...solution?....None so far.This is old news...we know the story during the time of the Holy Prophet and when the men complained that they cannoit resist standing on the streets,the Prophet allowed them to stand on the condition that they would not block the path and would lower their eyes...well,I see discussion going on about building up a wall (be it brick or glass) but that is just an illusion just as flying has always been...they invented aeroplanes,but you cannot say that you're FLYING when you're in the plane.Forget about the building of the wall.You will never be able to stop men from standing there AFTER majlis because it is convenient for most men and women to look for their spouses,brothers or sisters there as each one knows where to find the other....as for looking at those other than their spouses,bros n sisters,is upto the level of shame each individual hasIt is no lame excuse if one says that he/she is waiting for his/her husband/wife or brother/sister as you cannot judge the situation of any house.If that is not the situation at your place,it does't mean it's not the situation at the other person's place too.DRING the majlis and lecture,I guess the Mosque volunteers can do something about it just like we have prefects in school who wouldn't allow the students to buy food after the bell has rung indicating that it's class time...the volunteers can do the same and strictly ban anyone from standing out there during the majlis and lectures.Parents play an important role too in this situation especially fathers and male guardians.They are known as the PARKING-LOT MUSLIMS perhaps the jamaat can look for a vacant place for those PARKING-LOT muslims somewhere far away from the ladies' area where these people can do their talking...if they claim that they are not sight-seeing the ladies...
DHUL QA' DAH SUNDAY SALAT

The month of Dhul-Qa`dah is the first of the Sacre[…]

"The 12 Shining Imams" Series In this p[…]

FREE PALESTINE

Cambridge University’s Trinity College has m[…]

$1 billion in ammunition to Israel

According to two members of Congress, the administ[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline