Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Doctor of medicine from Muhimbili university of health and allied sciences . Masters of medicine in orthopedics and trauma from Muhimbili university of health and allied sciences. Fellowship in orthopedic surgery by east, central and Southern Africa in 2019 December
To post a question anonymously use the following credentials:
Username: Insaan
Password: passask
By Insaan
Salaam un alaykum Doc
hope you are well.

I have itching problem almost all the time, especially in the morning I get terrible itching in my legs. what exactly is my problem, and any solution you would suggest?
By Muhammad
Walaykum salaam warahmatullah

Itching, just like fever or headache, is a non-specific symptom and it may occur due either localized conditions including dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, burns, hives or systemic (generalized) conditions including liver disease, kidney problem, allergies and pregnancy.

It is extremely important to find the actual cause of the itch and treat it and this is done through good history taking and examination of the patient.

Some tests may also be necessary to rule out some diseases which can cause itch in a particular way.

Treatment may very depending on the cause but may include topical / ointments, oral medications and or injections.

Hope that helps

Duas
Global supply for Palestine

In Gaza, Palestinian children keenly appreciate th[…]

Hypocrisy of arabs towards gaza

Not only is she an huge influence, but a mother a […]

Recent news that has been circulating talks about […]

Wiladat of Lady Masuma e Qum

On this blessed day, we honor Bibi Masuma e Qum, w[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline