Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Shaykh Muhammad Kamran has been pursuing Islamic Studies at Al Mustafa International University Qom since 2012 and has specialized in the areas of Fiqh and Usool. He also holds a degree in Accounting. He is currently serving as the Head of Academics for the Hussayni Madressa Dar es Salaam.

Moderator: KamranAli

By Insaan
(salam)
My question is I was pregnant 2 years in a row n 1 year of feeding I couldn't fast to I hav to pay kazaa n kaffara or fidya later on after 5 years again I was expecting n I didnt fast wat m.i supposed to do
By KamranAli
Bismillahi Ta'alah
Alaykum Salam

Fasting - Pregnant Woman
Ruling 1697. Fasting is not obligatory on a pregnant woman approaching the time of delivery if it is harmful for her or for the unborn child. Such a woman must give one mudd of food to a poor person for each missed fast, and she must make up the fasts she did not keep.
Reference: https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2271/

Fasting - Breastfeeding Woman
If a woman is suckling a child, whether she is the mother or a nurse, or suckles it free, and the quantity of her milk is small, and if fasting is harmful to her or to the child, it will not be obligatory on her to fast. And she should give one mudd of food stuffs (wheat or flour or noodles) per day to poor.
In both the cases, she will later give qadha for the fasts left out. But this rule is specifically applicable in a circumstance where this is the only way of feeding milk to the child - (as an obligatory precaution). But if there is an alternative, like, when more than one woman offer to suckle the child, then establishing this rule is a matter of Ishkal.
Reference: https://www.sistani.org/english/qa/02657/
Global supply for Palestine

In Gaza, Palestinian children keenly appreciate th[…]

Hypocrisy of arabs towards gaza

Not only is she an huge influence, but a mother a […]

Recent news that has been circulating talks about […]

Wiladat of Lady Masuma e Qum

On this blessed day, we honor Bibi Masuma e Qum, w[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline