Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Shaykh Muhammad Kamran has been pursuing Islamic Studies at Al Mustafa International University Qom since 2012 and has specialized in the areas of Fiqh and Usool. He also holds a degree in Accounting. He is currently serving as the Head of Academics for the Hussayni Madressa Dar es Salaam.

Moderator: KamranAli

I have a question regarding the bit where Dua Alqamah focuses on the La'nah. I have pasted a small bit of it below:
"O my Allah let contemptible disgrace stick like a leech on the forehead between his two eyes, expose him to emptiness in every effort he makes, let wicked inclination, distraction and inactivity cut deep into his body and soul, in order that Thou diverts his attention from, me, absorbed in his own pursuits that do not free him to employ himself at another, make him think no more of me as he has willfully neglected and forgotten Thee, take away from me and throw overboard his attention, interest, communication, influence, support, and perverted thinking every evil he commits or draws it on himself, let everything he does go waste, defective and incomplete, and do not give any letup so that he is kept fully preoccupied and gets no time to pay attention to me or think of me."

Q: We are always taught to forgive our enemies/those who wish bad to us. We are also asked to pray for their forgiveness. So how is it that we ask Allah (swt) so strongly here with such harsh punishments to the one who wishes harm to us?
Will really appreciate any insight to this.
Allah, the Exalted, who is the source of mercy and blessing, has condemned and cursed many people in the Holy Qur’an. They include people who hurt Allah (SWT) and His messenger. The hypocrites and pagans, male or female, and those who conceal the clear signs of Allah (SWT), the Jews who believed that Allah's (SWT) hand is tied up and those who accuse chaste and faithful women of evil acts have been cursed by Allah, the Glorified.
All of these indicate that some people, given that they are free, commit so many evil acts that they make themselves entitled to divine punishment. The breeze of divine mercy, as per the teachings of the Holy Qur’an, the Prophet (S) and the Ahlul-Bayt (A), will blow on those who put themselves in its direction. The Holy Qur’an speaks of those who are doomed to eternal punishment in Hell.

If an order (commandment) comes from Allah (S), or the Prophet (S) and the Imams (A) to curse a certain group of people, we conclude that they are people who have closed all the ways of divine mercy to themselves; they are the ones who are submerged in sins and defiance of Allah (S) to the extent that there is no hope left for their salvation. The Holy Prophet (S) and the Imams (A) at the beginning of each war used to guide every individual to the path of truth, but if they refused to accept it, they would deal with them in the severest manner. Basically, why should not one speak of an oppressor and curse him on account of his evil deeds?

The case of people like Abu Lahab is still open even now after more than one thousand years. The Quran says: "Perdition overtake both hands of Abu Lahab, and he will perish!"
Dissociating [Tabarra] and detaching oneself from the enemies of Allah (S) and the Ahlul-Bayt (A) is one of the basic commandments of the Shi'a religion. Loving [Tawallah] the friends of Allah (SWT) and the Ahlul-Bayt (A) would be meaningful only when one detaches himself of their enemies. According to some traditions, cursing the enemies of Allah and Ahlul-Bayt (A) have been given preference over extending greetings to Ahlul-Bayt (A).
Definitely, we do not hate the faithful people who sometimes commit an offense; rather, we detest their actions and deeds. It has been narrated from Imam Kazim (A) that he said: "Detest the deeds of our friends who commit offense, and detest not them themselves."
However, those who committed injustice to the Imams who had come to help people by guiding them to the right path and bringing them close to divine mercy and those who denied the Imams their rights and shed their blood, depriving mankind of their guidance and blessing; made themselves entitled to the everlasting curse and damnation of Allah (SWT), the prophets (S) and Imams (A). They are doomed to eternal punishment because of their crime to deprive mankind of the light of guidance.
DHUL QA' DAH SUNDAY SALAT

The month of Dhul-Qa`dah is the first of the Sacre[…]

"The 12 Shining Imams" Series In this p[…]

FREE PALESTINE

Cambridge University’s Trinity College has m[…]

$1 billion in ammunition to Israel

According to two members of Congress, the administ[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline