Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Shaykh Muhammad Kamran has been pursuing Islamic Studies at Al Mustafa International University Qom since 2012 and has specialized in the areas of Fiqh and Usool. He also holds a degree in Accounting. He is currently serving as the Head of Academics for the Hussayni Madressa Dar es Salaam.

Moderator: KamranAli

By Insaan
I have some savings at the bank and I am getting interest 2 yearly;
To be precise the bank (DTB)- not fully Muslim owned.
Is this money halal? Am I allowed to do this?
-Can I use it for my daily use?
- or it better to not use the money for myself and use it in a good cause, so at least my saving money is safely kept
By KamranAli
There are three types of Bank:
1) Islamic Government Bank: The capital is invested by an Islamic Government.

2) Private Islamic Bank: The Capital is invested by a Muslim or group of Muslim Investors.

3) Non-Muslim Bank: The Capital is invested by A Kafir government or Kafir Investors.

Bank 1 and 2: It is permissible to deposit money in a bank without prior condition for interest and it is as well permissible to take interest on deposited money, if the bank in which money is deposited belongs to Muslims. If it belongs to government, it is permissible to take interest provided that half of the interest is given away to poor people (Momineen of them).

Bank 3: It is absolutely permissible to take interest from a non-Muslim bank. Even making a condition for obtaining interest is permissible.

Now if you look at DTB Bank, because it is not owned by an Islamic government therefore whatever profit you receive from it is Halal and you can use it.
ZIONIST CULT PROPAGANDA

Are the Jewish people really facing genocide or an[…]

Global supply for Palestine

In Gaza, Palestinian children keenly appreciate th[…]

Hypocrisy of arabs towards gaza

Not only is she an huge influence, but a mother a […]

Recent news that has been circulating talks about […]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline