Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Shaykh Muhammad Kamran has been pursuing Islamic Studies at Al Mustafa International University Qom since 2012 and has specialized in the areas of Fiqh and Usool. He also holds a degree in Accounting. He is currently serving as the Head of Academics for the Hussayni Madressa Dar es Salaam.

Moderator: KamranAli

By Insaan
Salaam
I have a question regarding khums. I have a bank account that is my salary account which is a current account in which my monthly salary gets credited into. However, I also use the same account to cater for my personal expenses as well as my daughters expenses so the account is active for that matter with ins and outs And it's been over a year since the account was opened. Is it obligatory for my to take out khums considering it's not really a saving as I'm spending from the account? Ahsant.
By KamranAli
Ruling 2298 [farsi version]. If a businessman, merchant, craftsman, clerk etc. starts trading or working, then after the passing of one year from the first day of income, he must pay khums on the amount that exceeds his living expenses for the year. even if his income is earned the day before the khums date. Furthermore, if the source of income is the same, he is not allowed to keep different khums dates for the several incomes which are received on different dates.
Global supply for Palestine

In Gaza, Palestinian children keenly appreciate th[…]

Hypocrisy of arabs towards gaza

Not only is she an huge influence, but a mother a […]

Recent news that has been circulating talks about […]

Wiladat of Lady Masuma e Qum

On this blessed day, we honor Bibi Masuma e Qum, w[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline